Chapter 2

I flipped to the first page titled "Day 1"

It was a bright sunny day,not a cloud in the sky.I entered the Freddy Fazbear building,my sight towards an old colleague of mine.Her name was Clara, Clara Cove.Clara and I have known each other since kindergarten.She greeted me with a smile,before continuing to deal with customers.I walked over to my post,waiting for Clara to be finished.Freddy walked over to me,greeting me before gathering the kids for the next birthday party that was being held today.The parents left,leaving Clara to walk to her post beside me.

"Hey Jeremy!"she said in such a sweet soft tone."Hello Clara! How have you been?" "Fine..."She then glanced over at her father before finishing."But my dad seems to be getting worse."I looked at her saddened."Still?"We then heard Freddy call Clara over to bring in the pizza."Well avoir then..."She said,before leaving me alone.No,I didn't love her.Honestly,our connection was too deep,I just didn't feel safe with her alone with others.I know her better then anyone.It should be me their...me.Didn't really get to talk to her after that.Wish I could've though.

I flipped to the second page.

Today we had 3 parties going on so we were very busy.I mainly helped with the animatronics part but Clara...she was beast!I never thought I'd say this but she impressed me.She did so many things today,she might as well be crowned manger.We went out later for dinner with her father.He joked around,saying that we should get married.I laughed but Clara seemed embarrassed.Im not sure why,I mean I thought she was dating Vincent.I'll have to ask her when I get the chance.

The third one seemed longer then the others but that didn't stop me from reading it all.

Finally.Today Freddy had taken over most of the duties,leaving us with little to no work on our backs.We sat on the stage,eating.I looked over,fixing my throat before asking."Are you still...?" She looked at me and paused.Her face, turning pale."No...no I-I'm single.We broke up two nights before."I didn't want to be rude and ask why but I just couldn't shut myself up."Why?You two were cute together?"Her eyes became watery,as if she was breaking down.She lifted her sleeve,showing me her bruises on her arm."Clara,are you-" "He...He took advantage of me.He was crazy!I...I...I'm sorry I never asked for your help!I'm sorry I lied to you!I'm-"I held her close to me."Im sorry Clara.Its my job to be there for you,and I failed." Clara looked at me worried."Remember my promise?If you need to call,I'll be here.Even if your nowhere near."She started to smile once again."Thank you Jeremy..."
Later,we had met up for coffee.She told me she had bruises elsewhere when I asked.It wasn't just her arms.Her legs,and even her stomach,had them too.She told me that Vincent did horrible things to her,he was just that type.Her eyes had gotten watery again but I calmed her down with some of my bad,cheesy jokes.I drove her home, staying with her all night.After all... that's what friends do...right?

My eyes felt watery.I never knew my mother was like this.I realized I had to keep reading on,and flipped to page four...