Chapter 2

Please vote and comment if you like it :)

*****

Ava.

"Who's that cool cat? Oh I'll tell you who. That's me." Emily said while looking in the mirror, trying on what seemed to be the hundredth pair of sunglasses.

After spending most of the morning trying to recall everything that took place last night, our hangovers subsided a little and Emily insisted that we make this Sunday afternoon a girls day and go to the mall to go back-to-school shopping since school starts tomorrow.

"Yes, Emily, you're the coolest cat out there." I deadpanned. "Let's go, we're going to miss our hair appointments."

"I'm glad you agree." She said peeking over the sunglasses that were sat on the tip of her nose, shooting me a teasing smile.

Dragging her away from the sunglasses kiosk, we headed over to the hair salon placed on the other side of the mall.

The familiar smell of several hair products blending into one, roamed around in the air, welcoming us as we walked into the salon. "Hey girls! Take a seat on any of the styling chairs, Amy and Chelsea will be done with their other clients shortly." Rachel said from behind the front desk.

Heading over to our usual chairs, we sat and looked at our reflections in the huge mirrors placed on the wall in front of us. "I have no idea what I want to do with my hair this time. I want to do something crazy." Emily said playing with her long blonde hair. "Do you know what you're going to do?"

Looking in the mirror again, I studied my hair. Flat, brown, a little past my shoulders and parted on the right. It's been styled the same way for years now. "I'm not sure what I want to do either but I definitely want to switch it up. Color it, cut it, something! I just want something different this school year, you know?" I stopped looking at my reflection when there was no response and turned towards Emily who is staring at me wide-eyed and gaping.

"Earth to Emily" I said waving my hand in front of her face, snapping my fingers.

She blinked a couple of times before she spoke, "Who are you and what the hell have you done with my best friend."

"Ha-Ha" I said dryly. "I'm serious this time, Em. I'm going for a new look this year. I'm not quite sure what that look is yet, but hell, I'm going for it."

"Hey girls! What will it be this time?" Amy and Chelsea asked approaching us.

••

"Ok you can look in three.. two.. one.. Ta-da!"

"Oh my God, Ava." Emily said slowly.

"Do you like it?" I asked nervously, running a hand through my hair.

"Like it... I love it! It looks so good on you!" She yelled, peeking around the wall, being careful not to show me her hair yet.

Smiling, I looked at my reflection. A trim, two bleaches and a toner later, I now have whitish/platinum blonde hair that stops at the base of my neck. "I can't believe I actually did it." I breathed out.

Looking behind me in the mirror, I see Emily walking out from behind the wall. Turning around, my mouth dropped opened. From the top of her head, a chocolate brown color shined as it faded, blending into a wavy sea of caramel. All traces of blonde that was once there, is now gone. "Oh my gosh, Emily! You look stunning! I love the ombré!" I screamed excitedly, running up to her to get a better look.

"You think so?" She questioned while doing her model walk towards me.

"Duh! If it looked bad, you know I'd be the first to tell you that you look like shit. Which on second thought.." I trailed off, laughing when she pushed me lightly.