Chapter 4: Ace's POV

P.S starts at Ace's pack house

I'm the new alpha. I can't stop smiling at myself, but it soon turned into a frown. I couldn't help but feel so lonely.......... hmm...... what could it be I have everything. Alpha of the head pack in the whole world, girls hanging off of my every word, people that care for me, a house. Really anything you can think of having (well at least for a guy). My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door.

"Yes?" most my pack were at their houses and only a few live with me like my beta and his mate and her brother, a few of my friend that help with any pack business and their mates and some people to help cook and clean.

"Are you coming down to eat?" I knew who was at the door my beta Cole and who is also my best friend since I could walk.

"Yes, in a moment," I called out as I pulled on a random shirt,

The second I got downstairs I was greeted with a Katie was was grinning like the Chester cat as she talked with someone on the phone. To be honest I only have seen her this happy on and that was when she met Cole a few years back when my father was still alpha before he had died and left the pack to me.

I looked at Katie confused for a second before looked at Cole with the same expression on my face. "It's Katie's cousins birthday today, they're turned 18," Cole said smiling as Katie laughed about something that was muffled from the other end of the phone. I wonder why I haven't been told about this cousin of Katie's because she was like a little sister since I got to know her.

"Oh," was all I said as Cole and I watched Katie as she laughed again from something said from the other end. I could faintly hear a soft, angelic voice come from the other end and it send my heart racing as I heard the voice again.

"Oh and Ace," turning my attention to Cole as I looked curiously at him, hope he hadn't seen my change in mood.

"Yeah," I said as Cole looked at me directly in the eyes with the serious look on his face that I got a little nervous with, because Cole is never this serious and I've only seen him like this a couple of times.

"Today's the day we meet some other packs," Cole said as he smiled at me and I cursed under my breath at myself for forgetting that was today.

I opened my mouth to reply, but Katie's excited voice chirped in before I could speak.

"What packs?" Katie said look at Cole with excited eyes, like she knew what he was going to say, but was not going to relax until she heard the words for herself.

"The moonlight pack and the Shadow pack," Instantly Katie was jumping around and smiling as she turned to us with a innocent smile on her face. A little too innocent.

"What?" Cole and I said at the same time as we started at Katie's face like she got a wish come true.

"Can I please come PLEASE!" Katie was like a sister to me so why not.

"Sure," I said smile at her and she squealed and hugged me before running to her room and pack her bags.

It took us about five hours to get to this pack because we had other pack that we had meetings with and Cole had said the the pack had a bond and the alpha of the Moonlight pack and the alpha of the Shadow Pack had a bond and our now one pack. He also said that the alpha gave us permission to sleep at their pack house and I was grateful, because despite my alpha blood my wolf and I are both tired.

I smiled as soon as we reached the house and my smiled widened when I could hear a soft angelic laugh, just like the voice from earlier I smiling at the sound.