Entry # 5. The others

February 14, 1999

For some, it is Valentines day, for me, it is just bloody fucking Wednesday. People around me have dates - even Tonie has one - she's going out with that loser intern from Microsoft Philippines. Urgh! I just can't believe that everyone has dates. It's bloody fucking Wednesday and because I don't have a date, I just decided to stay home, eat chocolates and watch bloody fucking movies. 

I know, journal, you've noticed my writing the F word, but that's how I feel right now, I wanna fucking kill someone! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

As I write on you, journal, I noticed that Anca's just sitting at the other chair looking out at the window. I wanted to ask her what's wrong but then before I could even talk she turned to me and said. 

"Nag-cool off kami ni Reed." she said in a very sad tone. I knew I was supposed to be sad, but then, I couldn't feel anything but pure happiness. Ang sama ko, journal. Grabe. 

"What's wrong?" I asked her. 

"I caught him texting some girl, tapos I didn't said anything but then last night, I came to his apartment to surprise him, I saw him making out with someone else." 

I saw Anca's tears falling. I just made a sad face. HIndi pala ako dapat maging masaya, babaero si Reed. I sighed. Now Anca and I are both hurting. Suddenly I wanted to punch Reed's face. 

Journal, okay na ako na karibal ko si Anca eh, but then another woman came in the picture and I was like, what the fuck?

----------------------------

I was with Tonie that morning, we had our usual coffee morning girl talk. I seldom talk to her na kasi, she's busy with her work, busy rin naman ako sa trabaho and if ever were together, hindi naman kami makapag-usap because Vince is with us. 

"I really miss the other girls", she said talking about Anca, Alex and Karla. I just smiled. "But hey, I wanna tell you something pala. D'you remember John Augutus?" 

I shook my head. Who is John Augustus?

"Ihh, you know him! He's my classmate in college. Tall guy, lean, handsome, green eyes, perfect man...."

"Steamy boy number 1!" Bigla kong naalala. I smiled, I remember him of course. Classmate siya ni Tonie noon sa dalawang subjects at pinagnasaan namin siya ng bongga noon. 

"Yes, that John. Anyway, I saw him last night at Vincci Hotel --"

"I thought he's in Sto. Rinni?" 

Yes, John Augutus is Greek, he's half Greek, half Filipino and as I remember him in my mind, he is really hot. He looks like Achilles in Troy (Brad Pitt) with his green eyes and all. Everytime I see him noon, I just find myself sighing dreamily. Hay...

"We'll he's back, and he was asking me for your number." 

My eyes widened. 

He was what?

"Why would he ask for my number!!" I exclaimed. Tonie clapped her hands as if she was feeling the kilig that I am feeling right now. OO, kinikilig ako!

"He saw our photos in facebook, and he just thought that you were really pretty!" Tonie said in her kilig voice. I smiled widely. John Augutus thought I am pretty?! Gosh! Lahat yata ng dugo ko napunta sa mukha ko. 

"So did you give him my number?" I asked her. 

"Yes!" She confirmed. 

"Yes! OMG!" Para akong tanga.