Chapter 1 Destination of the Dead

August 19 2065,

A boy throws a copy of  "the daily Mirror" ,in  an openly window of a grandiose manor  near Lygon St. Victoria,Melbourne.

He moves on delivering papers on his route,suddenly he sees a man lying near the bench on his back bleeding heavily.

"Sir! please open your eyes",the boy shakes the body vigorously .

He looks closer, the face is pale white and the bleeding is non-stop. He checks in closer for the heart beat and in a flash of a second he finds himself in the grip of this dead looking man.

"Listen up boy,i am about to waste,but you know what....t  there is a new me.All you gotta do is find me....here's the address  at the back of this letter , you just deliver this and he will pay you handsomely...and..AAHH...,"he handed overe a passport with a letter stuffed inside the cover.

"But sir..." ,the boy tried to help him up straight.

"No more time for formalities...just do as i am telling and this paperboy  job of yours will be your past nightmare,i gurantee."

"How do you trust me so much ?" the boy raised his doubts.

"i know you from past five years,look closely Ivan",and he cleared some of the blood from his face.

"Prof. charles....how come...i mean..this.."Ivan was shocked.

"you will be the first human to see the proof of  'man  conquering death' ...i tried my best to witness this phenomenal....."; a cough occupied him before he could complete his sentence...and he was gone...far far away.

The boy was put in custody because he could not satisfy the cops with his account of details of the incident.

He had already thrown the passport in the overgrown bushes constituting the boundries of  Daissey Park because of some unknown fear.

When the postmartem and autopsy reports came the police department was left with no other option but to discharge Ivan as the cause of death was due to the internal bleeding from major organs and the root of this happening was unknown, so the Melbourne police led the matter stay unhighlighted because of public shame and negative popularity.

 After his Release,he gave it a second thought ,then reluctantly satisfying himself he went for it.

He found the passport  entangled in the thornes of a shabby looking plant and adrenaline rushed inside him as he looked at the picture of the man he idealized so much,now dead.

The address at the back end of the letter was his destination. it was mentioned addressing Ivan

as the delivery boy....the main letter however was in some language which was foreign to him.

Ivan looked deeply into the address and a wave of sweat swung across his forehead.

He had to go to the Springbank Islands at Canberra. But not on, rather.... below the island,underwater,in Lake Burley Griffin.

His mind was raing rapidly....and he knew that this was not some prank as he knew Professor Charles Breston Jr. remarkably well enough.

Professor Charles was the headmaster  at wesley college and his class teacher when he was in high school.

He was always kind towards him and encouraged him.They both infact were each other's favourites,until Ivan Josephell was forced to quit school and manage his dad's grocery shop.

After the death of Mr. Markus Josphell ,the shop was shut down because of  dealer's debts.Mrs. josephelle was already dead in a major train accident near queensland along with Ivan's small sister aerial.

Ivan's  career hence began as a paperboy at dawn and bartending at dusk just for living.

He was trying to drive his life honestly and greed never ever touched him ; Yet he was standing at the outskirts of daissy park holding a piece of parchment and leather which could change the coarse of his life.

Is the assistance mentioned by professor charles  well enough for him to complete his studies and graduate as a Doctor.

HIs savings will just be enough for the required journey to Canberra. Finally he decided to make this delivery,not because greed of fulfiling his ambition conquered him,but because this was the dying wish of his ex-teacher.