chapter 2 memory finds its way

• Didedikasikan kepada ....ahem ahem..my cat which doesn't even know it

Canberra 12:17 AM

"Brrrrr!!!! it's too much cold in here...." Ivan mumbled

He checked his watch...it showed  -7 degrees upon a little swirl of dials.

He then fetched an overcoat with an inbuild jacket from a small portable suitcase, which was formerly too small to fall within the definition of conventional suitcases of  early 21st century.

He had just arrived at the springbank island after a short journey from the Zapper train,

and was intending to put on  a swim assist near the shores of lake burley griffin,

which could help him to dive underwater and supply breathe as well.

It had cost him a fortune already as he had purchased the cheapest one in used condition from

Ebay.The delivery days now a days were reduced to 5 hrs at maximum due to the amazing speeds of trains and Nitro-Jets.

He dived inside the chilly lake and was shivering like duck....He switched on the heating mode in his "assist suite"  and felt some warmth.

As he reached the island,The battey of his suit went low...

He had forgotten to charge the batteries and was now in trouble to locate the co-ordinates which were mentioned in the back end of the letter.

He looked at his watch compass and activated the  GPS  by setting it to the values 36°12′15″S 148°4′31″E as the letter suggested.

AS he cut across the sultry water in his suite,following the gps indicator,He was perplexed to see a  sort of manehole on the bottom of the lake..exactly where the GPS cirle mark was Shimmering.

without even a seconds hesitation he opened it with all his might and was sucked like a vacuum pump consuming dust, inside the hole..the cap of the manehole selfadjusting to close like it formerly was.

For a minute or two he was unable to see a thing until somewhere far a bead of cyan light appeared.

His Suite battery had run dry and was growling like howler monkeys.

He switched off the suite'spower mode,and kept moving towards the source of the light.

surprisingly enough there was plenty of oxygen in the tunnel along with warmth,.the source of which still remained a mystery for ivan.

Neverthless he continued his march towards the shimmering beacon. The light was sparkling from a tower . Ivan soon found an elevator inside the basement of the tower and there was no button whatsoever..and as he slid in the lift,the lift began upwards acceleration and stopped at last.

He was in the front of a door with nameplate...Dr. Charles Breston Jr. 

His heart was leaping as he made his way through the door.

He found Dr. charles sleeping peacefully with mild snoring in a cozy doublebed that lay ahead of him.

How can he be alive,he had seen the man dead...surprise and fear were driving Ivan like hellhounds.

Sir....Er!  Professor charles...wake up please....are you professor charles?

He  was unable to disturb the sleep of Dr.Charles after several physical and verbal attempts valiant enough to wake a comma patient.

He was driving nuts..."what the hell is happenin" ,he thought   .

was the guy infront ,some alienated spirit or a   demon sleeping since  centuries it was hard to guess.

He looked around.It was a usual looking bedroom with a table and a couple of chairs surrounding the bed.

upon the table was an aquarium with a starfish and an anglefish as ugly as no one has ever seen.

The aquarium was also shabby and ancient looking.He stared at the aquarium for a minute or so,

then his eyes moved at a cup of fish food labed "Fish-Bits".

Out of curiosity and kindness he took some fish snack and opened the lid of the aquarium.

as he threw the multi-coloured bits of fish meal into the dirty looking water,he saw a plastic pad with the name "IVAN" maked upon it's center.He took it out from the floor bed of the aquarium and turned it around.

It was a note for Ivan,

"Dear Ivan,

i am pretty much happy that you came here to resurrect me,all you have to do is punch me with all your might at my heart and watch the phenomena that is the third biggest after the creation of universe and life."

ivan was thunderstruck,for full fifteen minutes he was unable to decide what to do,

then a thought crawled it's way into his mind.

****************************************

5 years back,

"Make it a roll fast.....yeah that's like my pimpy doug ;here goes nothing...";and Ivan inhaled from the  filter of "burning disaster" through his nostrils.

"what the hell bitch! this thingy will be your last fuckin act of chapter life",Samaar grunted in disapproval.

"shut the fuck up and watch the showdown moron.. " bubbles erupted from the mouth of  ivan.

  he wiped the bubbles of greyish fluid with his coat sleeve and closed his eyes...for quite a long time and the next thing  he saw was a solar operated ceiling fan on the bed of a government hospital.

"So you woke at last, i was really into a tight schedule already...now here's my card." a partially bald man into his mid sixtees was piercing Ivan with his deep blue eyes.

"You must pay me a visit if you have enough gratitude to thank your saviour " and he left away.

Ivan glanced at the card.

                                                             DR. Charles Breston Jr.

                                      (Formerly)    Rtd    Director(retired),

                                                              Department of Neurology and Cellular  Sciences.

                                                              Melbourne,Australia.

                                    (currently)      Principal,

                                                              Wesley  college,

                                                              Melbourne,Australia.

And His Life was changed form a sewer rugrat to a potentially skilled and bright and aspiring scholar.