Chapter Ten - Falling Hard

"It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look further than you can see." - Winston Churchill

*Spencer Reid*

"You're my knight in a shining blazer," Viv said after she had planted a small kiss on my cheek. We just stood there in the middle of the bar, holding hands, and ignoring everything else in the world. Time seemed to move in slow motion, and everything sounded as if it were distant. I remembered this feeling, it was the feeling I got whenever I would talk to Maeve, but this time it was stronger. Is this what falling in love with the right person felt like? Is this what finding the perfect girl is supposed to be like?

That was when I knew. I knew from that moment on that I was head over heels in love with Vivian Santos. Everyone was watching us, we knew that. They were all waiting to see what would happen next. Was I going to kiss her? Was I going to bend down on one knee and profess my undying love for her? Was I going to make a run for it and never return? I could hear Morgan yelling, "Just kiss her already! God dammit, Reid!" from where they were sitting. We both knew that they were waiting for something else to happen, but this was our moment. We couldn't give them the pleasure of intruding in on it.

Viv, who knew what I was thinking, tightened her grip on my hand and led me away from the chaos that was all of the drunk, partying, young adults of the bar and we snuck into a storage room that was located in the back. It was darker than the dim lighting on the bar, but it was light enough where I could just barely make out her face. "Viv, what are we doing in here?" I asked.

"Well, we both know everybody was watching us back there, so I decided it was best that we have a little privacy so that we could finally talk about...stuff," she replied. I heard her take a deep breath, and saw her faint figure take another step towards me. "Spencer, I'm not going to lie to you. I have feelings for you, strong feelings. I've had them ever since we met, but I never gave them a second thought until the other night when I accidentally crashed at your apartment." I took a step closer to her, leaving just a few inches of space in between us. "I just don't want to wake up one day wondering what if." I took my hand out of my pocket and took hers in mine.

"Viv, I would be lying if I said I didn't feel the same," I began. "I mean, the first day you walked in into the round table, I couldn't take my eyes off of you. Then, I got to know you and you pretty much became the most awesome girl in the world."

"What about your last girlfriend?" she asked softly. I shook my head.

"She was the first girl I ever fell in love with, but nobody makes me feel the way you do," I replied. She turned her gaze downwards, but I could just barely see the smile on her face.

"Isn't fraternization between two agents not allowed in the bureau?" she said. I smiled.

"Didn't you say Cecilia dating somebody else in the bureau?" I replied.

"You bring up a very good point," she said.

Before we knew it, Viv had her back pressed up against the wall and I was standing in front of her with both of my hands on her waist and hers on my chest. I wanted to kiss her, everything in my body was telling me to just go for it. What was I waiting for? We had pretty much just confessed to each other that we had feelings for each other, so what other confirmation was I waiting for? I could see it in her eyes too. She wanted this too, but she was holding herself back, and the tension was becoming unbearable.

"Oh, fuck it," Viv said. Her hand went to the back of my neck and she pulled me closer to her. When our lips collided, fireworks went off in my mind as I felt my stomach do backflips. I wrapped my arms around her waist and I felt both of hands on the sides of my face. Well, looks like I was in too deep now. There wasn't any going back for either of us.