Chapter Fifteen - 'Til Death do us Part

"We are in danger of destroying ourselves by our greed and stupidity. We cannot remain looking inwards at ourselves on a small and increasingly polluted and overcrowded planet." - Stephen Hawking

*Vivian Santos*

I took the rest of the week off and came back to the following week. From the moment I stepped back into the bullpen, I became just as busy as ever. For the next few weeks, it was case after case after case. It was tiring, but it helped keep my mind off of Daniel. 

We had just gotten back from a case in Wisconsin late one night, and I was dead tired. The unsub had managed to rough me up a little bit during the raid and had given me a few bruises and a minor stab wound in my cheek. Spencer, as usual, was way more worried than he needed to be and kept insisting that I needed to stay at the hospital a lot longer than I needed to be, but I knew he was only being a good boyfriend by being concerned. I found it kind of adorable to be quite honest.

When I walked into the bullpen, I went straight to my desk, sat down in the chair, and let out a huge sigh. As much as I loved this job, I needed a vacation badly. "You seem exhausted," I heard Spencer say from behind me. I spun around in my chair and saw him smiling at me.

"If you were just slashed in the face with a knife by a psychopath, you would be too," I said. He dropped his bag at his desk and walked over to me. Taking both of my hands, he pulled me up from my chair and kissed my forehead. "We're at work, Spencer," I said, briefly looking up at Hotch's office. He chuckled in reply and tucked a strand of loose hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead again.

"She's right you know." We both jumped at the sound of Hotch's stern voice and looked up at the balcony where he was standing. "Go home, you two. I'm giving everyone the day off tomorrow," he said. "We've been going nonstop without a break for a while now, and I don't need a team that's burnt out."

"You don't have to tell me twice," I said. "What about you, Hotch? Shouldn't you be going home to your son?" Hotch cracked a slight smile.

"I will once I finish the reports. Good night." He turned around, walked back into his office, and shut the door behind him.

"So, Dr. Reid,"I said, grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. "Your bed is sounding mighty fine right now." I saw the slightest twinkle in his eye as he went to gather his things. 

"I'm guessing you don't plan on sleeping just yet, Agent Santos," he replied and I laughed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next morning to find that Spencer wasn't in bed and the smell of bacon and coffee was in the air. After rubbing my eyes and stretching a little bit, I climbed out of bed, put on my bra and my underwear, and slipped on one of Spencer's MIT t-shirts that was way too big for me. Glancing at myself in the mirror, I saw that the swelling in my eye had gone down and my bruises had become faint and purplish. After I changed the bandage over the slash mark on my face, I walked out of the room.

When I walked into the kitchen, I found Spencer cooking breakfast wearing only pajama pants and no shirt. I felt my face flush a little bit and I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist. "It smells good in here," I said casually. He turned his head to look at me and then put the spatula he was holding down. Spinning around to face me, he cupped my chin with his hand and greeted me with a passionate kiss.

My head was spinning and I felt my face get redder by the second. When he pulled away, he tugged on the t-shirt I was wearing and smirked a little. "Nice dress," he said jokingly. I tugged the waistband of his pajama pants and pulled him closer to me. His eyes suddenly became glazed over and I knew he was starting to get aroused again.