Chapter Twenty-Five - All's Well That Ends Well

"Love one another and help others to rise to the higher levels, simply by pouring out love. Love is infectious and the greatest healing energy." - Sai Baba

TWO MONTHS LATER

*Spencer Reid*

It took some time, but Vivian gradually became her normal self again. She knew that after shooting Daniel she was going to have some form of PTSD, and she wanted to do everything she could to minimize the damage as much as possible. Hotch gave her the next three weeks off after the case was wrapped and during that time, she went to counseling and I went over to her place every day after work to make sure she was doing okay. When she came back to work, I knew she still wasn't completely fine, but I knew she would rather have something to keep her mind busy than sitting at home.

Most days were really good and it felt like she was back to the Vivian that we all knew and loved, but there days when it got really bad. She even had a few panic attacks, something that she had never experienced before, and it scared the hell out of me the first time it happened. But, she soon learned to manage them and they happened less and less frequently until they weren't happening at all. Vivian's parents also visited D.C. a few times to make sure that their daughter was okay. They had already lost one child due to mental stress. They didn't want to lose another one.

On this particular night, the team had all gathered at a bar downtown after another long case. Everyone was in high spirits and downing a few drinks to celebrate another case that had gone well. Vivian was also in a great mood and I was glad to see that she was learning to have fun again. I, on the other hand, was nervous as hell. To combat that nervousness, I was drinking a little more than usual in order to give me some liquid courage. Why was I so nervous, you ask? Let's just say that I had a ring box in my pocket and I was waiting for the right moment to pull it out.

We had been together for almost a year now and Vivian and I had discussed marriage a few times before, but it was mostly her talking about how her dream wedding and what she hoped would happen. I took those few conversations as a hint and asked for her dad's blessing. I had bought the ring about a week after she returned from work and had been saving for the right time. The problem was, I didn't quite know when that right time was.

Vivian was sitting on a bar stool and I had an arm her. Her hand was lazily playing with my fingers and she was laughing at a funny story Morgan was telling. It was a smile I hadn't seen in a while, and she looked even more radiant than usual. I'll take that as a sign that now was the right time. I cleared my throat and raised my glass in the air.

"Um...I have something to say," I said, trying to figure out the right words to say. Everyone waited for me to continue while Viv looked at me with a confused expression. I scratched the back of my neck nervously. "I'm sure you guys are all as happy as I am to have Viv back with us. I sure as hell am."

"Yes, we are all aware," Hotch said and everyone laughed. I smiled and continued my little speech.

"What I meant to say is that this woman right here changed my life from that first moment she walked into the round table room. I've become a better man because of her, and I want her to know that." I looked over at Viv and her eyes went wide.

"Spence, what are you doing?" she said softly. With a deep breath, I took the ring box out of my pocket and got down on one knee. I heard audible gasps from everyone and Vivian's hand went to her mouth.

"Vivian Alexandria Santos, will you marry me?"

*Vivian Santos*

"What I meant to say is that this woman right here changed my life from that first moment she walked into the round table room. I've become a better man because of her, and I want her to know that." My eyes went wide as he was talking. I had a slight about what was going on, but I needed him to say it to know that it was real. He looked over at me and smiled wide.

"Spence, what are you doing?" The words were barely audible as he reached into his pocket, pulled out a small velvet box, and got down on one knee. Inside the box was a gorgeous diamond ring and my hand went to my mouth.

"Vivian Alexandria Santos, will you marry me?" I felt tears starting to well up in my eyes and I looked around and saw that everyone was waiting for me to give my answer. I took my hand away from my mouth and hopped off the bar stool I was sitting on.

"Fuck yeah I'll marry you!" I exclaimed out loud. Spencer's face broke out into a grin and as he slid the ring on my finger, everyone let out cheers of joy. Spencer stood up and I hopped up into his arms and planted a kiss on his lips.

"I win! You all owe me now!" Garcia yelled out. So they had been taking bets on our relationship, That was so typical of them. That didn't matter now. I was going to marry the love of my life.

****

I held the ring in front of my face to admire it. It was nothing extraordinary. It was just a simple single band with a 15K diamond it surrounded by small crystals, but, nonetheless, it was beautiful. "Where did you find the time to buy this?" I asked. Spencer just smiled, climbed on top of me, and kissed me. We were back in my apartment after a long night out. We had been together for nearly a year now, but seeing him without a shirt on still took my breath away.

"I've had it for a while. I bought it a little after you got back to work," he replied. He folded his hands on top of my stomach and rested his chin on them. Running my fingers through his hair, I smiled at him.

"Who knew that transferring to the BAU would lead to this," I said.

"Hey, I didn't expect this either," Spencer said. "In all honesty, I thought you were going to reject me." He climbed off of me and laid down on his back. I turned to face and used my arm to prop myself up.

"Why is that?"

"Because you're like perfect and I thought you would want a manly man like Detective Walker or something," he said.

"Oh god, don't remind me of that creep," I said laughing and remembering my first case with the BAU and the detective that seemed to take much interest in me. "Besides, I would never choose anyone else over you."

"I hope you really mean that because soon enough you're going to be stuck with me forever," he said jokingly. He gently pushed me down onto my back and started trailing light kisses down my neck.

"Whoa there, cowboy, someone is feeling themselves," I said with a giggle. I felt him smile into my neck and I wrapped my arms around his torso. I'm not sure how I got so lucky to have a man like Spencer Reid in my life, but I am sure glad I do.

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell