Chapter 11

Jack's POV

As we walked to the main room, I wondered about where all this courage had come from. Before this, I wouldn't have ever entered that ring, or climbed that fence. I wouldn't have ever talked to Hiccup the way I did. Why was this happening? It made me feel dangerous, risky. It made me feel... alive.

Hiccup's POV

I looked over to Jack, and wondered where all these feelings came from. Before this, I would've never saved a boy like him, or cared what he said to me. I would've ignored or even bullied him. It made me feel vulnerable, weak. It made me feel... good.

Jack's POV

We eventually ended up in the main room. We found Snotlout and Astrid there, sitting together on a couch. "Hey guys," I said. The jumped in place, surprised to see us, especially in the same room.

"Oh! Didn't expect to see you there!" Astrid said in surprise.

"It's okay," I replied. "We need your guys' help." They looked a little puzzled.

"We're going to get revenge on North's group. We need everyone to work with us, okay?" Hiccup said. They nodded.

"So what's the plan?" Snoutlout asked.

"That's where you guys come in," I replied. "We don't really have one." Snoutlout and Astrid whispered to each other, and then faced us and Snoutlout said,

"I think we know someone who could help."

Snoutlout and Astrid stood up and started walking in the direction of the girl's dorms. Snoutlout motioned for us to follow, so we did. Eventually we got to the back of the hall, and knocked on the door that was painted blue.

"Who is it?" It was a soft voice, I knew I had heard it before, but from where?

"Astrid. We need your help." The door opened to reveal Elsa, in an unusually clean white t-shirt and blue U ripped jeans.

"Oh please don't bring Snoutlout in here! He's so messy," Elsa said. I took it that she liked things to be clean.

"Get over it Elsa," Astrid responded. Elsa turned away and didn't say anything.

"Anyways," I said, "We want to get revenge on the red group. Can you help?" Her back straightened as if she had an idea.

"As a matter of fact, I can." She sat down at her desk and pulled out a pencil and a sheet of paper. "I know almost everything about them. Where they will be at certain times, what weapons they use, I know it all." I was astonished! How did she know so much?

"How?" She smiled, and I thought I caught her smirk a little.

"They're not hard to figure out. Most of them travel in a pack, so they're extremely easy to track. There are a few outliers, for example, Merida likes to be alone, making her a little harder to predict. But other than her, the rest like to be together, especially Rapunzel, Flynn, and Hans." She really knew her stuff.

"So do you think we could get revenge on them?"

"I'm already coming up with a plan."

Hiccup's POV

Elsa was smarter than she seemed, almost like Jack. "So what are you thinking?"

"Well, we could do it tonight, after dinner. That's when they meet for their pre-sleep training session. That leaves most of them in one spot at most times, except for Merida, who doesn't like to participate because she likes training by herself. Also, sometimes Hans likes to ditch, but he usually does on Mondays and Fridays, and today's not either of those days of the week, and if he does he'll probably be with Merida. She and possible Hans will either be back at her room or North's chamber. If she's at her own room, it shouldn't be much of a problem. But if she's at North's, we have a problem."

"And why is that?" I asked.

"Because our prize is in there." It started to get interesting. "There is one thing that North's group keeps sacred, that they value above all else. And that's the golden flag. The team who has it gets to be the leading team, first priority and preference on lunches, weapons, and all sorts of other luxuries we could only dream of. If we got it, we could have those luxuries to ourselves. Fishlegs says that it used to be given to each group yearly, but one year North's group claimed it for themselves and since hasn't shared it. Now whoever steals it gets to have it, and everything that it brings." This sounded like something worth stealing! Maybe keeping Jack from the trophy wasn't such a bad idea after all...

"We'll split up into groups. Snoutlout, you and Fishlegs will hold back the group if they try to come in from outside after their training session, or at least keep them away from us. Me and Astrid will take care of Merida. Hiccup, you and Jack will go into North's office and steal it. It's in a locked safe, but the combination is in North's room somewhere, and if we can get Merida or Hans to talk they might give it to us. We'll use radios to communicate. Snoutlout, Jack and I will have them. Does that sound good?"

"Hell yeah!" Snoutlout shouted. "We're going to get that flag if it's the last thing we do!" Astrid folded her hands and nodded. Jack's smile spread farther across his face, beaming with excitement. My blood rushed through my veins, my heart pumped in excitement. I had don't bad things before, but never with a team, or a plan.

Jack, overflowing with nervous happiness then said, "Alright! Let's do this!"