Chapter 14

One week later...

Hiccup's POV

"Hiccup! He's awake!" Snoutlout shouted form across the room. I stood up, my food falling to the floor. I didn't care.

"He is?"

"Yeah! Come on!"

Jack's POV

I moved my arm to rub my head. Ow. It hurt. What happened anyways? All I could remember was Hiccup's voice and an intense amount of pain...

"Jack!" Hiccup burst into the room, almost crashing into Astrid.

"Hey, watch it!" Astrid retaliated. She left the room and waved goodbye to me.

"Someone's crabby today..." I muttered. I looked up at Hiccup, his face radiating with pure joy.

"Jack! You're awake! You were gone for a while, I was afraid..."

"Hey, I'm awake now. I'm all good. I'm okay." I could see the relief in his eyes, and he exhaled. His eyes were bloodshot and tense, yet relaxed now. He came and sat down on the bed next to me.

"How long was I out?" I sat up straight, the soreness starting to fade.

"A week." A week? A week?!

"A whole week?" I asked.

"Yeah, can you believe it?! It could've been longer too! Not much happened while you were gone though, so you didn't miss much." I looked at him one more time, starting with his eyes, his shattered emerald eyes, and his hair, which almost looked tired, if hair can look tired. He had bruises up and down his left arm, and I could see a faint scar on his right wrist... he was lying about not much happening.

"Hiccup-" I started to speak.

"Haddock! Come here! We need you!" It was Bunnymund. Hiccup looked at me again, and looked at the door and back.

"Hey, I want to stay, but duty calls, I guess. I'll be back soon, okay?" I nodded, reluctantly. I really wanted him to stay, but he was needed elsewhere.

"Okay. I'll see you."

"Bye." He ruffled my hair and smiled at me. I wanted to kiss him so bad... but he was gone.

I sighed as I ears Hiccup's footsteps lengthen away from me. Astrid came back in the room and leaned up against the wall.

"What's wrong Frost?"

"I wanted to talk to Hiccup... I know something happened in the week that I was gone."

"Well, duh. He was worried sick about you."

"Really?" I perked up.

"Umm, yeah. When you first passed out he carried you to your room and sat with you for hours! We tried to get him to leave, but he wouldn't. He just kept holding your hand and whispering something. None of us knew what he was saying. We finally dragged him out after he was awake for almost twelve hours just watching you. He had fallen asleep a couple times, but had woken up right away so he wouldn't miss it if you woke up."

My heart jumped. He would really stay with me that long? "Wait, really? Twelve hours?"

"Yeah! When we finally got him away from you, he got his lunch and took two bites before taking it back to your room. He was dedicated. He would skip training and counseling sessions just to be with you. All he did was watch you, hold your hands and whisper in your ear for days and days. We finally got him to get back on a normal schedule yesterday, and even then he would make every spare moment he had yours. He did not ever want to leave you. He didn't sleep, he skipped at least one meal a day. He really cares about you Jack. He really does."

I fell back on my pillow and looked up at the ceiling. "Send him back in when he comes back. I want to tell him something."

Astrid nodded. "Sure thing Frost. I've got to go."

She left and shut the door, leaving just me and my beating heart, wishing and wondering, was he the one?