Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I thought I would be able to sleep in just a tiny bit on Monday. Normally, my dad woke me up at six and I had way too much time to get ready for school. However, I shouldn't have hoped so much after spending two nights with the Wildes. The first night was fine, but Munro and Nick decided to wake up at three in the morning to wake up Laughlin. That was not a pretty sight.

This morning, a loud banging noise that sounded like something hitting a medal pan. I groaned and sat up, seeing Nick and Munro banging a pan with a wooden spoon.

Laughlin burst out of his bedroom, hurrying to the boys before grabbing the spoon and breaking it in half. "I've had it with you two," he snapped before going back to his room and slamming his door shut. Needless to say, Laughlin was not a morning person.

I reached for my phone on the coffee table, seeing that it was a little bit past six. I sighed and laid back on the couch, knowing I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

"That was fun," Nick announced before sitting on one of the chairs. "Elliot, you need to wake up."

"It's too early," I told him.

Nick shook his head. "My school starts at seven thirty and if we don't leave, we'll be late."

"Does Laughlin drive you two to school?" I asked.

"Yeah, whenever my grandma is working early," Nick told me. "She left an hour ago so Laughlin has to drive us." Maybe that was why Laughlin sometime skipped first period at our school. The high school and elementary school started at the same time.

I sat up and walked over to Laughlin's bedroom, hoping he was actually awake. I knocked on the door, only to hear Laughlin tell me to go away and he was trying to sleep. "Laughlin," I said. "Nick told me you drive your brothers to school. Can you please get up?"

I heard his bed shift and then footsteps walking towards the door. He opened it before glaring at me. "Happy? I'm up." I felt my cheeks get hotter once I realized he was, yet again, shirtless.

"Uh, yeah," I said. "I don't want to be late.....for school."

Laughlin raised an eyebrow and looked at me for a bit before chuckling and pinching my cheek. "You're cute when you blush."

Hearing him say that made me blush even more, but it even made me glare at him and swat his hand away. "Just get ready." Laughlin mock-saluted me before closing his bedroom door. I turned around, seeing both Munro and Nick looking at me. "What?"

"How do you do that?" Nick asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling confused. "Uh, do what?"

Munro snorted and rolled his eyes. "Come on, Elliot. Laughlin doesn't listen to anyone. It takes him a whole hour to get out of bed but you were able to get him out in a minute."

"I just asked him to get up," I said as I walked towards the kitchen. Since they were allowing me to stay for a week, I thought the least I could do was make breakfast while Laughlin got ready. I opened the fridge, noticing that there wasn't that much in there. Suddenly, I was feeling very upset. Were the three of them actually living like this?

I decided to make scrambled eggs for everyone since it was one of the few food they actually had. By the time the eggs were finished, Laughlin walked out of his bedroom, ready for school. Was it really true that I was the only person Laughlin listened to?