BONUS CHAPTER V: First Kiss Draft

This is one of the first kisses I had planned, but it didn't make the final cut. What was supposed to happen before this is Elliot brought up Laughlin cheating on Mary and he snapped at her and is really mad at her right now. Like, REALLY mad.

Bonus Chapter: First Kiss Draft

Elliot

       Why couldn't things ever go my way? I trusted Mary, yet it turned out she was lying about Laughlin the whole time. Because of her stupid lie, Laughlin is mad at me and I didn't know if he would ever forgive me.

       "Elliot," Dad said as he walked into the staff room. "Can you lock up at nine? I have to run some errands and I can't close early since there's still one more person here."

       "Sure," I said. That was in about fifteen minutes.

       Dad thanked me and quickly packed up to leave. I went to the main part of the gym, cleaning up all the dirty towels or dumbbells that people decided to leave. While doing so, I got a good look outside. It was raining hard and it looked like it could lead into a storm.

       By the time everything was cleaned up, there was still five minutes to closing. Hopefully the person still in the gym left before nine so I wouldn't have to tell them to leave because I was not in the mood to talk to people.

       I was sitting on one of the benches, trying to concentrate on my phone, but it was a bit hard with the pouring rain outside. And, it was soon followed by flashes of lightening and booms of thunder.

       A minute to nine was when whoever was still here walked out of the boxing room. I looked at who it was, though my heart broke even more when Laughlin gave me one of the hardest glares ever. "Laughlin...." I began, hoping this time he would be able to even listen, but he just ignored me and walked towards the door.

       Right as he was about to open it, the power suddenly went off. He yanked on the handle of the door, but it didn't open. He did it again and again, but it still wouldn't open. He groaned and looked at me. "It won't open."

       "It's an electronic lock," I said. "I'm guessing that since the power went out, it activated the lock."

       "Is there a generator?"

       I shook my head.

       "Great," Laughlin muttered before throwing his bag on the floor near the bench I was on and leaning his head on the door.

       I looked back at my phone, wanting so bad to talk to him, but I knew he wouldn't. I wanted to tell him how sorry I was that I thought he cheated on Mary. I wanted to tell him how sorry I was that I never asked him about it.

       I wanted to tell him how I was falling for him.

       I looked at Laughlin and I caught him looking at me before he quickly looked away.

       I couldn't take it anymore.

       "Can we just talk?" I asked.

       Laughlin looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Talk? You want to talk? Funny, because it didn't seem that way when you accused me of cheating on Mary."

       "I'm sorry, okay?" I said. "I'm sorry that I didn't talk to you about it. But what do you expect? She's my best friend and I never thought she would lie to me."

       "It isn't just about that," Laughlin said. "My life is pure crap. I thought you were the only one who....who wouldn't make my life crap. But I was wrong."

       "You're not the only one who has been through crap," I said, standing up from the bench and tucking my phone in my back pocket.

       "Are you serious?" Laughlin asked. "You think you've been through crap? Try having both of your parents not in your life."

       "Try having one of them die when you're young," I said. "I don't even remember my mom!"

       "Try having to raise your brother for five years!"

       "Try having your best friend lie to you!"

       "Try having to live in a crappy house with barely enough food for all of us!"

       "Try having a cousin who almost committed suicide twice!"

       "Try being in love with your ex's best friend!"

       When Laughlin said that, I completely froze. Laughlin only had one ex. Mary.

       I was Mary's best friend.

       Laughlin was in love with me.

       I had no idea what to do or say. Laughlin seemed just as shocked, even though the words came out of his mouth.

       Suddenly, there was a beep and the power went back on. Laughlin, without another word, grabbed his bag and walked out of the gym. I snapped to my senses, hurrying out the door, quickly turning off the lights and locking the door.

       "Laughlin!" I called as I hurried to him right as he reached his car. "Laughlin, wait!"

       Laughlin ignored me, trying to open his car door. He did, but I quickly put myself between him and the car, closing the door in the process. "What do you want?" he asked, his voice sounding strained.

       I didn't care if it was pouring outside right now and we were getting soaking wet. I didn't care that there was a thunderstorm going on.

       I was going to tell him.

       "Laughlin, I'm in love with you," I said before I talked myself out of it. I reached up and gently rested my hands on his chest. "I am so damn in love with you and I don't care if you dated my best friend. You're the only one that I want."

       Laughlin stared at me for a bit, the hurt expression fading, but I couldn't read what was on his face now. But, as soon as I looked into his eyes, I knew we were thanking the same thing.

       We both moved in, our lips crashing against each other. My arms slid up and wrapped around his neck as he put a tight grip on my hips. Our lips moved in sync and it felt magical. It felt exactly how I imagined it.

       With each passing second, the kiss grew more passionate, more intense, more hungry. However, the pouring rain was kind of making it a bit hard to focus.

       My hand found the car handle behind me and I opened the door. Without pulling away, Laughlin and I got in the car with him sitting in the seat and me sitting in his laps, my legs straddling his hips. He closed the door, allowing us to stay out of the pouring rain.

       My hands were gripping his shirt, pulling him as close as possible as I kissed his with everything I had. 

       We pulled away for some air and while doing so, Laughlin began laying kisses on my neck, nipping on the skin there. God, his lips felt amazing on my skin.

       I cupped his face in my hands, pulling his lips back on mine. My hands slid through his curly brown hair, clutching it gently as he bit my lower lip. I wasn't going to lie, I may have moaned a bit, but I couldn't help it. Words couldn't even describe how it felt kissing Laughlin.

       Finally, we pulled away and looked at each other. "That," Laughlin said breathlessly, "was the best kiss ever."

       "I take it you forgive me?" I asked, just as breathless.

       "That depends."

       "On what."

       "If the second kiss is as good as the first," he replied smugly before pressing his lips back on mine.

______________

Well, then, that was a bit steamier than I intended it to. But it was still cute, nonetheless. cx

I'm happy I'm still kind of writing Laughlin and Elliot, since they're in My Protector: The Bad Boy. In fact, they already got married in that book and Elliot is now pregnant with Elizabeth. cx