The beginning

It all started when I wasn't even born yet. The Green legacy of show jumpers started when my grandmother and grandfather had fallen in love with the art of riding after they're parents had ridden their whole lives. It's funny, we have a tradition in our family... When we are two years old, we are placed on the horse belonging to whoever was born before us. Considering I'm the middle child of the Green family tree, I first rode my sister, Alex's horse, Malibu and she rode my mothers horse since she is the eldest. My younger sister, Julianna first rode my horse and the tradition goes on and on.

I think it's a unique tradition that we share in our family to have our first ride on the person's horse that was born before us. Needless to say, I took my first steps on the back of a horse and I've been riding ever since.

The first horse I have ever ridden is Malibu. I then proceeded to ride a pony my parents had got me when I first started riding, his name was Dice. [pic on side] He was a a grey (white) Shetland pony gelding. He was the sweetest pony to learn on and he was my world. My trainer, Carl, wasn't fond of my pony because Dice was a sweet pony and didn't challenge me enough, he also didn't like Carl much because of his harsh training methods. Although, as far as my family was concerned, everything and anything you do you have to be perfect at. Maybe that's where I got my 'competitive' attitude from.

I learned on that pony, I grew on that pony. I rode him for six years and I learned to jump on him up to 2'6". When I was eight, we went over a vertical and he clipped his front four legs and crashed with me on his back. He broke a bone in his front leg and we had to put him down. I had produced a minor concussion from the fall and was off for two days.

The day the doctors had released me, my coach was right back on me pestering my dad to buy a new horse so I could continue with my training. Everything was about become a champion and winning.

Truth is, I didn't want another horse, I just wanted my sweet snow coloured pony back. I never wanted to even glance at another horse.

That is until I met Cinnabar.

My 17 hh dapple grey gelding. I had the rest of my training on him and I'm still continuing. In a brief statement, I pretty much lived, loved and breathed horses.

My whole life I was taught right from wrong; winning was right, loosing was wrong.

I had always been battling with myself, is winning and becoming champion all that matters?

I was lost in my own world that I'd created.

Lost, that is, until he found me.

Until Hunter found me.