Chapter 1: Enter Aria

I walked through the foggy forest with only a little bit of water to last me a mile. More importantly, I didn't have any food in case the water runs out. My feet was badly bruised and my body ached. If I stopped in the middle of this forest, then an animal would come and kill me as I let down my guard. 

 I became alerted when I heard a stick snap under someone's feet. I looked around slowly, making sure that nothing would attack me, but there wasn't anything. No animals and no hunters. In this time, there would be lots of hunters exploring the forests for food and to travel. If they found me here, then I would bound to be killed in the spot that I was standing in. 

I walked further, if I remembered correctly, no hunters ever came this far into a forest. Unless there was more food over on this side, then they would come running. They would go as far to kill each other for food. 

When I took one step, something snapped on my leg. I screamed out in pain and fell on the floor. It felt like spike trap for deer when they try to run away from the hunters. It's big enough to capture their foot. The spike felt like it went deeper into my leg, crushing the bone a little bit. I clenched my fist in pain. No one would be here to help me. Everyone is clueless about this area. 

I then heard someone running this way. It must have been a hunter, if so then I'm done for at this rate. I sat up and tried to release the trap from my leg, but it was too deep to pull out. 

" What are you doing in this part of the forest?" someone asked. I turned to see a man that had looked like he was in his twenties or mid twenties. He held the shotgun tightly in his hand. 

" I would like to ask you the same thing," I said. I didn't trust anyone with such a deadly weapon placed upon in their hands. He looked down at his shotgun and put it to the side of him. 

" Sorry about that, you probably seem suspicion of me." Instead of answering him, I looked down at the trap. 

" Your leg is trapped. Didn't your parents tell you about watching your step in these places?" he asked as he tried to undo the trap. I cringed in pain as he slowly took the spike out of my leg. Finally, my leg was free, but there was lots of blood that had been lost. He then lifted me up and carried me out of the forest. 

" I'm sorry about the trap. I heard your scream and I came running down." I lightly put my hands around his neck as he carried me. My leg continued to sting, but I handled the pain. I didn't want someone I just met to see me cry, thinking that I'm weak. 

He carried me into a town where everyone was busy and rushed to work quickly, not caring who they knocked over. Further away from the chaos, was the man's house. It wasn't very big, but it seemed big enough for him. 

As he opened the door, a woman appeared from the kitchen. She had beautiful, silky brown hair and light brown eyes. She would have wished the man home if I wasn't in his arms. 

" What happened?" she cried as she rushed toward me. 

" I found this girl in the forest. Caught her leg in one of the deer traps from before." He walked me over to the dirty couch that was in the living room and rested me there. 

" Mary, go and get some cloth and some thread and needle. This girl is gonna need some medical attention soon." Mary nodded and rushed to the bathroom. I didn't feel weak or anything, but my wound must have been worse than I expected. 

Mary came back and handed the man the needle and thread, along with some cloth. 

" I'm sorry, but this is gonna hurt you a little bit." Mary handed me some cloth as well, to bite down on when I was feeling pain. No one had ever used needle and thread on my skin before, and now I know why. I cried out as the needle punctured into my skin along with the thread following after it. I bit down on the cloth as hard as I could from the pain. Some tears slid down my face. There was a lot of pain from the needle and a little bit from the thread. Mary aided him by wiping some of the blood off my skin with the cloth dipped in hot water.