Chapter 2: Classes

Unfamiliar faces. Some were blacked out as some of them were there. The ones who had their faces, looked at me and I could see their smiles. One had curly black hair and dark green eyes while the other one had short blond hair and dark brown eyes. Their hand reached out for me, but it immediately blacked out, showing the craziest smile.

I sat up and screamed. Mary and Jay immediately came into the room and calmed me down. Mary held me against her chest tightly and lightly hummed a song. The atmosphere was now settled. It was still night, almost to morning. I saw Mara's shadow in the doorway. Her curly brown hair looked lighter as some sunlight shined on her. My breathing finally calmed down and I wiped my forehead. 

Jay gave me a small smile. 

" How are you feeling Aria?" he asked. I nodded and blew my hair out of my face. 

" I-I'm fine. I'm sorry to have woken you three up." Mary shook her head. 

" It's alright. Did you have a bad dream?" I nodded. 

" Something unfamiliar to me. Though, it didn't bother me until now." Jay frowned.

" What do you mean?" I shrugged. 

" Just speaking nonsense." 

" Then, could we please go back to bed," Mara said as she crossed her arms. Jay looked back and Mara, as she looked at the ground. 

" We'll talk about this later then. You need more sleep Aria," Mary said as she lightly pushed Jay out of the room. I nodded slowly as she closed the door. 

                                                                                          ~

I had gotten more sleep, just in time for Mara to be going to class today. Jay and Mary had told me that I would be going in the same class as Mara. She didn't seem too happy about that, mostly complaining to her parents about having me there. 

As we walked, Mara avoided any eye contact with me and abandoned me when she found her friend. I went into the class and sat down at a random desk. Some kids were still outside, talking with their friends. There were a couple more in the class with me, but they found anyone to talk to who came later. 

Someone slapped their hand on the desk. I looked up and they had a smug look on their face. It was a girl, who had long black hair and dark blue eyes.   

" Is something the matter?" I asked. 

" You're the new girl, correct? Aria?" I nodded. She then released her hand from the desk. 

" Well, there are somethings you have to remember when you're here." I frowned. 

" Number one: Don't make anyone here dislike you for certain reasons. 

Number two: Do your best here.

Number three: Leave my seat." She pushed me off the chair roughly. I fell onto the floor, hitting my elbow. 

" My name is Rachelle and I don't plan on making me repeat myself when it comes to my seat." I glared up at her. 

" What is your problem?" I asked as I stood up and dusted myself off. Rachelle smiled. 

" New people around here don't have a good reason to be sitting here. Do you think it's because it's empty?" 

" Well, if you put it that way-" 
" It's not empty! It's my seat, understand?!" I nodded quickly. Rachelle then sat down and smiled brightly. I would have moved if she wanted me to. She didn't have to go far such as pushing me into the floor.