XXVI

Niall has been on the phone with Harry for almost two hours. He'd been reassuring his slave that they were fine; that Liam was a bit worse for wear, but too happy to be with Zayn to care. He didn't mind taking the time to repeatedly assure his boy, because Zayn and Liam had been huddled together on one of the beds, whispering to each other. Whatever Zayn was saying had Liam smiling wide and fiddling with the hem of his shirt.

Niall tried to give them the time to get reacquainted, but he needed to discuss details with Zayn and he wasn't sure Liam was in the right place to listen to it. "Babe, I have to go. We'll be home tomorrow," he told Harry. Niall said his 'I love you' and hung up. He walked up to the edge of the bed and cleared his throat politely. Liam brushed his lips across Zayn's, just a ghosting breath. Zayn poked his tongue out and licked across his own lips, brushing barely over Liam's bottom lip. Liam stuttered a breath.

"Zee?" Niall tried again "Can I get a moment? You can get back to your sexual tension as soon as we're done."

Zayn laughed at Niall but kept his eyes on Liam. "I don't want you to go anywhere."

"How about I just go get some ice, and you can talk business? I'll be so fast, you won't even notice."

Zayn kissed his chin, then along his jaw as he whispered, "I'll notice."

Liam just giggled and pushed gently on Zayn's chest to get off the bed. He grabbed the ice bucket and gave Zayn one more look over his shoulder before heading out to look for the ice machine. The hallway was long, but the rooms were scattered far and few between, privacy a perk of a fancy hotel. He walked down to the end of the hallway and saw a sign saying "Ice" pointing around the corner. Liam followed it and finally found the dispenser.

He couldn't hold back his smile as ice clanked into the bucket. He finally had his Master and he finally felt safe with someone. They'd get to go back to Marvin and Kalli and everyone that Liam had become so attached to while he lived in Zayn's home. His home, hopefully, soon.

Liam turned with a wide, dreamy smile only to be faced with the end of a barrel. Liam froze, brows furrowed, before recognizing the looming figures with the weapons. It was the same men that took him to a back alley when they found him far from home what seemed like a lifetime ago.

"Come on now, slave. Time for a lesson."

Liam stood his ground with a firm set to his jaw. "My Master is right down the hall. He's expecting me back."

The man just laughed. "Firstly, you don't belong to anyone right now. You're free game. Secondly, I don't want to keep you. Like I want that trouble. I'll give you back to your poor excuse for a man, but not until Magee gets his message across."

Liam stepped back from them, back hitting the machine, before he was yanked forward by one of the other men, dropping the bucket and being pulled towards a room further from his own. Liam fought, but three men held him, one with a hand over his mouth, mostly incapacitated until they pushed him into a room and shut the door.

Liam went to run on instinct but one of them was blocking the door. He turned back to see the leader with his gun resting by his side and an expectant brow raised. "Any other escapes you'd like to futilely attempt?" Liam just swallowed and darted his eyes around, looking for anything that would help. In his silence the man got his answer. "Good. Then, let's get started." He raised his hand and swung the butt of the gun into Liam's temple.

***

"I'm glad Liam's safe, but something's not right," Niall worried. "Marcus just gave up Liam and Magee all but bowed out. It doesn't feel right."

Zayn scratched his fingers into his slim jeans and nodded in agreement; knowing, of course, that Niall was right. Marcus would be expecting Zayn's share of the company and his resignation as soon as they got home. And with Marcus' lawyers, he should be out in no time; a slap on the wrist and a fine maybe, and with more power than ever.