Chapter 9

Gemma got through her first classes quite easily. Tim led her to her morning classes, and they weren't too hard. Algebra, French, science, then history were her morning classes, subjects that she didn't absolutly love, but did not struggle with. She coasted through the morning and before she knew it, was following Tim down for lunch. Cass met them in the hall and they all walked down outside together.

"Less than a week at Bruce's?" Cass asked to verify the information. 

"Yeah, it's definitely a big change." She replied. 

"We already raided Alfred's pie stash!" Tim bragged. 

Cass chuckled, "He will get you back for that when he finds out."

"If he finds out." Tim smiled confidently.

Gemma continued eating her lunch, listening to Cass and Tim have a conversation. Bruce sure knew how to "raise children."

Suddenly, boy with messy ginger hair and emerald green eyes quickly sat down. No, not quickly. There isn' t really a word to describe how fast this kid sat down.

"Hey! Who'sthenewgirl?! Newgirlsaretotallycrashheyshe'skindofattractive! Wait, Timissheyourgirlfriend?!" The boy spoke rapidly.

Gemma had never heard anyone speak so quickly. Not even Kid Flash on the news! Wait... Could this kid be Impulse? The Flash's grandson from the future?

"Bart! Slow. Down." Tim sighed. "This is Gemma, Gemma this is Bart."

"IMPULSE!" Gemma exclaimed accidently, quickly covering her mouth.

"Naw it's ok, secret identities are totally retro! Kinda crash though!" He started. "You can call me Bart. Or Bart Allen. Or Impulse. Or Bart Impulse. Or Bart Impulse Allen. You can call me just about anything!"

Gemma laughed at the speedsters energy. This kid was crazy, but in a good way.

"So Gemma, you already know who his cousin is?" Tim smirked and Gemma turned crimson.

Cass looked at Gemma curiously. 

"Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up, I thought you were with Tim...?" Bart questioned.

Tim and Gemma looked at each other and both turned so red, their faces looked like tomatos.

"I'll take that as a no..." Bart said awkwardly.

"They like each other." Cass said simply. 

"I know right! It's so obvious! They'd be a great couple! I ship it!" Bart grinned. "Totally crash."

"Umm, in case you haven't noticed, both of us are RIGHT HERE!" Tim exclaimed.

"It would be much simpler for you to just ask her out." Cass said. 

Tim looked at Gemma, and Gemma's heart skipped a beat.

And suddenly, the bell rang, indicating lunch period was over.

"STUPID BELL YOU RUINED TRUE LOVE!" Bart shouted to the sky.

People looked over, but when they saw who it was, they all quickly looked away.

Gemma was walking to her locker with Tim, when a woman tapped her on the shoulder.

"Miss Gemma Dent?" She asked in a proper tone.

"Yes?" Gemma replied.

What had she done? She couldn't already be in trouble on her first day!

"You and Mr. Tim Drake and Miss Cassandra Cain are excused for the day. Some 'family emergency' I think."

Tim looked at Gemma and raised his eyebrows.

Gemma and Tim followed the woman, who led them to Alfred.

"Alfred, what's going on?" Tim asked.

"Master Bruce has a... Visitor..." Alfred struggled to find the right words.

"So he had to pull us out of school? On Gemma's first day?"

"Believe me Master Tim, this was the last thing he wanted to do, but the situation is strange.. This visitor is a very.... Special visitor..."

They all got into the car and drove through Gotham until they arrived at Wayne Manor.

"Before either of you walk in, please do not 'freak out.' Master Dick and Miss Barbara are already waiting with Master Bruce."

"Alfred, seriously. What is going on?" Tim asked.

"You'll just have to see."

Alfred opened up the doors to the manor and Gemma walked in to see a strange man in his 20's standing there.

"Jason?" Tim gasped.

Yay cliffhanger! Kind of. Okay maybe not really...

Anyways, thank you all for reading, voting, etc.

But I really would love some more comments!

Read this chapter? Leave me a comment!

Thanks everyone! Love you bunches!

P.s. Picture of Bart Allen / Impulse on the side!