Chap 14

Hi guys I’m finally back, I’m so very very sorry it took so long to update I’ll do my upmost to upload more often.

I’d like to dedicate this chapter to a friend of mine she gave me the extra little push I needed to take my righting further, so Tash thank you!

Anyway that’s enough rambling here is chap 14 finally hope you enjoy

Fan, comment, vote if you like

Re-cap

“What the hell happened?” Nathan asks the question on all our minds.

Chap 14

“That’s the million dollar question” Drew sighs; he is still holding the ice pack to my wrist and trailing his fingers up and down my good arm.

“The first thing we need to do is get Doc over here” He looks over at Ethan “Will you call him?”

 My brother shakes his head frowning  “It might be a while before he gets here” Ethan answers with a wince.

“What happened?” I ask. I hope everything is ok with that pregnant female Ethan told me about the other week.

A few growls sound around the kitchen as pissed of looks are exchanged.

“There was a fire at one of the pack houses, hence the state of us” Nathan growls gesturing to his dirty clothes.

“Oh my god was anyone hurt?” I gasp out shakily bringing my hand to my mouth.

Sam shakes his head “The house was empty at the time, but because it’s on the outskirts of pack land it took a while for help to arrive. It couldn’t be saved” Sam’s eye flash the green/gold of his cat as he clenches his fists on the table, his lion is very close to the surface. After hearing about what happened to his family it must have been so hard for Sam to be anywhere near that burning home.

I reach out my good hand and place it over his clenching fist, he tenses briefly at the contact but after a moment his fist unclenches, tuning his hand over Sam entwines our fingers and sighs obviously needing the touch of pack.

I glance over to Seth to see how he is holding up only to receive a nod of acknowledgement. The only emotion showing on Seth’s face is a slight tick in the right side of his jaw betraying his otherwise emotionless mask. How can two people that look so alike, identical even be so different? For example Sam wears his heart on his sleeve, I can always tell how Sam is feeling just from looking at him but with Seth he is like a brick wall, never giving anything away.

“The hunters” My head snaps round at Ethan’s clipped words. Drew continues to trail his fingers up and down my arm helping me to relax slightly.

“What about them?” I ask

“I think it’s safe to assume they caused the fire”

“It’s a pretty good plan actually. They wanted to get to you but they needed to get you alone so they started the fire knowing there was no way we could just sit by and do anything to help” Nathan says shaking his head.

“But why do they want me?” I ask quietly watching Drew’s hand rub up and down my good arm.

All this is because of me

A family lost their home because of me

Innocent people could have been hurt or worse because of me

“They obviously aren’t giving up we need to tighten up security” The conversation continues on around me as I have a mini breakdown.

“I’ll wait till morning then give Adam a call” Nathan sighs