Chap 9

Vote and comment if you like hope you enjoy

Chap 9

“Oh my god” I whisper lifting my hand to cover my mouth as the door bursts open.

Seth is sweating; his hands and t-shirt are covered in blood as he tries to help the others carry Sam into the kitchen.

“We need to get the bullets or his not going to heal” Ethan shouts as he tears open the first aid kit.

Seth helps get Sam situated onto the table then falls into one of the chairs. He sits there just staring of into space, he think he is going into shock, can shifters even go into shock? The whole front of Seth’s t-shirt and part of his jeans are completely saturated with blood. I can see the bullet wound on his shoulder has already stopped bleeding but I think most of the blood on him is Sam’s.

I look away from Seth and back over to Sam on the table. I draw in a breath as Drew tears open Sam’s blooded t-shirt to reveal the bullet wound at the bottom of his chest.

Sam’s eyes start flickering and his breathing is sounding labored.

“I think the bullet clipped his lung. Sam I need you to calm down we need to get this bullet out” Drew glances up to Ethan.

“He is starting to panic we need to calm him down the wound is already cutting his oxygen down”

The gasping sounds coming from Sam are difficult to listen to. I don’t think about what I am doing I just need to help somehow. I walk around the table to were Sam’s head is and climb up using one of the chairs as a step. I gently lift his head and place it on my lap.

“Faith you shouldn’t be in hear” Nathan says from my right, I think he is helping Seth but I don’t pay him any attention as I start running my hands through Sam’s hair. I look down and notice Sams dark blue eyes wide open looking back at me. I smile down at him.

“You need to calm your breathing Sam. They need to get the bullet out” I continue to stroke his hair never taking my eyes of his.

“Just listen to my voice Sam, come on breath with me” Sam starts to calm down and I see Ethan and Drew start to work out the corner of my eye.

Time passes slowly but I refuse to move away. Sam’s eyes start to droop as he passes out again. I keep stroking his hair but glance up to Drew and Ethan worried.

“Its ok honey his just asleep now. The longer he stays asleep the faster he will heal” Ethan smiles at me with a proud look on his face. I give him a small smile back. I look back down at Sam and continue to stroke his hair. He is so quiet I miss the cocky fun loving Sam.

“Ok let’s get to his room. He will be more comfortable in his own bed” Drew says from over at the sink. The water is running red as he washes the blood of his hands and arms.

I stay on the table holding Sam’s head as Drew and Ethan gently lift him and make their way to the stairs. Sam doesn’t even flinch at the movement.

I stay on the table and look down at my hands. I don’t know what to do now all the chaos is over.

“Faith” My name being whispered snaps my head up. Seth is standing at the opposite end of the table looking so lost it breaks my heart.

“I’m gunna go see if the guys need any help getting Sam comfortable” Nathan says as he washes the blood of his hands. I look back over to Seth to see him now shirtless and has a small white square bandage on his right shoulder. The hopeless look in Seth’s eyes makes me get up from my perch on the table and walk over to him. He looks like he is in so much pain it almost hurts to look at him.