Shots Fired

CHAPTER 3

(LILLIAN'S P.O.V.)

I was feeding Jenny when Lew runs in.

"Mommy!" He yells coming over.

"Hey buddy," I say with a smile. I look up to see Sophie.

"Hey," I say as Lew sits next to me, looking at Jenny.

"How are you?" Sophie asks as I hand her Jenny.

"I'm good, what about you?" I ask seeing that she's forming a baby bump.

"Good," I say, and as Sophie was saying something shots were heard.

"Oh my gosh," Sophie says.

"Lew go hide," I say. He nods briskly, and follows Sophie into the bathroom. I still wasn't allowed to get up yet, so I had to stay put. It was quiet, and uneasy. Up until Team One showed up. Ed and Sam came and got Sophie and Lew. Jenny was passed to me, and they left. I sat in my hospital room, tense, until Spike came in.

"Hey," he says worry written on his face.

"Hey," I reply as he hugs me.

"Are you okay?" He asks holding Jenny.

"Yeah, we're okay," I reply with a small smile. The next few days were a blur. I got out of the hospital, found a babysitter for Jenny and Lew, and went back to work. I had just put Jenny and Lew to bed when Spike came up and hugged me from behind.

"Well hi," I say laughing quietly.

"Hello," he replies kissing my cheek.

"What's gotten into you?" I ask curiously, turning around to face him.

"I thought we could go on a date," he says.

"Spike, we don't have anyone to watch the kids," I say.

"I've got it covered, now come on," he says kissing me. We walk down the stairs, and he covers my eyes once we reach the bottom.

"Should I be scared?" I ask laughing. He laughs,

"Definitely not," he replies uncovering my eyes. He had moved the coffee table, put tons of pillows and blankets everywhere, had a box of pizza and wine in the living room. I look at him, and he has a worried expression on his face that seems to be there a lot lately.

"Michaelangelo Scarlatti, you are...the most romantic man I've ever met," I say as he relaxes. We sit on the floor, eat pizza, drink wine, and watch 'The Avengers'...until Jenny woke up.

"Don't worry, I'll get her," he says kissing me before going to get our daughter.

(Hey guys, I feel like it's been forever since I last updated, and I'm sorry about that. Yesterday was hectic, I passed my permit test, ran all over town to get the information I needed to actually get my permit, then babysat my 8 month old niece, I'll put a pic of her above since she might as well represent Jenny,but nonetheless I'm back with another chapter! Thanks for your patience.)