Confessions

"Well, it would've been nice to know that my bestfriend was a werewolf!" Rina exclaimed while punching my stomach playfully.

      "I wasn't at the time,  and that hurt!" I bellowed at her.

            When my mom had gone back to retrieve more stuff for the two of us, she found Rina crying at our front door. Seeing that Mom cannot stand to see Rina crying, so, she blabbed the whole story to her. I mean, Rina was my best friend. She deserved to know about all of this, but I sort of wanted to tell her myself.

      Oh well, I guess Mom saved me a jabb in the face.

            I was so excited when I came to visit Rina while I had some time to myself. Of course, I had only been there about 5 minutes before she started asking about any hot werewolf boys.

      "Have you hooked up with any of them yet?" she asked me exstadicly.

            I immediately thought about my romantic night with Jevon a few nights ago. I remember closing my eyes, just so I could really breathe him in, and I had fallen asleep in the process.  I smiled at the thought of this. I regretted that action soon after.

      "What's that look for?" she asked giddily.

            I giggled. "Nothing."

      "Ohh come on, first you leave me without telling me you became some crazy fantasy creature, now you won't confess who you're in love with? I'm quite disappointed Callia," she pouted.

            "I'm not in love with him!" I defended.

      "So you admit that there IS a boy!"

            Crap!

      I hung my head in surrender.

            "Who is it, Callie?" she said while shaking my shoulders.

      “Okay, stop!” I yelled grabbing onto her wrists. “I’ll tell you! But if I do, you can’t tell anyone. It’s bad enough that you know I’m a werewolf, now you’re going to freak out that he is, too.”

            She knitted her eyebrows. “What do you mean its ‘bad enough’ that I know you’re a werewolf? You think I’ll expose you?” she asked.

      “I thought you’d be scared of me,” I confessed.

            “Scared of you?” Rina repeated. “Callie, I really don’t care if you’ve been turned into some, dog, thingie, you’re still Callie. You’re always going to be my best friend.”

      I felt myself tear up, but I was not about to give Rina the satisfaction of seeing me cry. Last time I cried to her when my dad left, when I had finally gotten over it, it took her three months to stop making fun of me.

            “Thanks, Rina,” I said to her sincerely. I gave her a quick hug.

      She pulled away slightly and held onto my shoulders. “Now tell me what his name is! What does he look like? Is he hot?”

            I sighed. “You know what he looks like already. And please don’t freak out when I tell you this, Rina,” I said to her.

      “I’m freaking out because you won’t hurry up and tell me, woman!” Rina exclaimed.

            “Alright, alright!” I exhaled. “Do you remember Jevon?”

      “Yeah, he was so hot. He and that Demier guy. They just kinda vanished from school. Ms. Everbee said they dropped out of school for some odd reason.”

            I gave her a look.

      Her eyes widened. “They’re werewolves, too?! Ohh my gosh…”

            “Yepp. Shocking, huh?" I asked her.

      "Very!" she exclaimed. Then, her face brightened. "You love Jevon, don't you?"

            "I'm 15, Rina," I explained. "I'm pretty sure this isn't love."

      "Callie, come on, I can see it by the look on your face! You won't stop smiling!"

             I quickly wiped the grin off my face I didn't know I had on. "I can so," I said firmly.

      "Sweetie, you're already slipping."

            My smile again slipped across my lips. I hung my head and giggled to myself.

      "I can't help it, Rina. He's way too... I don't know, him," I explained.

            "Are you confessing you love for him?"

      "I'm not in love!"

            "I know it's a scary thought, but girl you know you can tell me anything, girl."

      "Rina, I'm not in love with Jevon! And that is the worst ghetto impersonation I have ever heard."

            We both laughed and she gave me a huge hug. She let out a breath. "Well, if you ever do fall in love, don't forget, I must be the first to know," she said smiling.

      I returned her smile. "You know it."