Birthmarks

I was so surprized Jevon and I weren't dead yet. We were shot at plenty of times, but we were never hit. Everytime I made a kill, I felt rotten. The thought of taking a human life made me sick, but I knew there was a time for everything.

      And this, was a time for war.

            We finally came up to the boarder were we found a huge man talking to another nerdy-looking guy about the death toll. This man, I'm guessing was the leader, was some kind of super human. He was extremely muscular, dark-skinned, and had dark eyes. He looked insanely creepy. There were three guards around him. I pulled Jevon into a thick patch of bushes before we got caught. The nerdy looking guy looked back.

      "Did you hear something, General?" he asked the bulky man.

            "Nevermind that, Matchet," the General said, his deep voice seeming to shake the ground with its power. "How many of our men are dead?"

      "Just over fourty. These werewolves are such savages!" Matchet said weakly. He was shaking in the presence of the General. "It's the older ones that are doing the most damage. The Princess has injured and killed the most of the men. She's so quick, and she's a fierce fighter."

            The General nodded. "She's also just there in the bushes."

      I gasped and squeezed Jevon's hand. He had seen us? Suddenly, I felt some of the General's guards pull Jevon and I out of the bushes and tie our hands behind our back.

            As soon as we were tied up, the guards threw us to the ground infront of the General. I looked up at him, and he smirked. He walked closer to me and pulled my hair. I yelped.

      "So this is the little werewolf princess, huh?" he said mockingly. He pulled my hair once more, then release me. My scalp burned, but the pain faded quickly.

            "You've done well in this war, my lady. For being so young, you've put up a great deal of a fight," he said.

      "I'm not that young," I sassed. "I'm 15, and I can take you on too, if you want."

            "Callie, calm down. He's baiting you," Jevon whispered to me.

      "Smart boy," the General said. "Is this your little boyfriend?"

            I gulped, and butterflies rose rapidly in my stomach.

      "Young love," he teased as he turned his back to me.

            "Why don't you stop teasing my and fight me?" I said angrily.

      "Fiesty little lady, aren't you?"

      "More than you know. And more than you can handle."

            With that, he grabbed my hair, and yanked me to my feet. I cried out in pain.

      "Listen girlie, you'll die faster than you can beg me to stop," he grumbled.

            "Wanna find out?" I yelled.

      "Watch yourself, Princess."

            "Bite me."

      He slammed me to the ground, and I struggled to get up.

            "Face it, Princess. There's nothing you can do to harm me. Guards, take them away."

      As soon as I felt the guard was close enough to me, I hiked myself up of my forearms, and landed a kick where the sun don't shine, and he dropped to the floor so fast, I almost missed it. I then pushed myself to my feet and howled.

            I tore off the ropes and took out Jevon's guard with one hard punch in the jaw, then struck the other with a kick to the chest. I spun around on my heel and howled at the General.

      He smirked. "Like I said, you put up a good fight, for a young lady."

            "And like I said, I'm not that young," I remarked.

      "So you took out my guards. Nicely done, but they are nothing compared to me," he taunted.

            "Don't test me..." I growled and started at him. Jevon ran up behind me and grabbed my waist. I struggled fiercely against him, but he pulled me tightly against his rock hard chest. I couldn't even enjoy his warm embrace because I was so heated.

      "No Callie, stop! It's a trick!" he said to me in my ear.

            The General only laughed. "You know, I should be giving you this whole speech on dating little boys right now, but I'll let my brother settle that on his own," he said.

      I raised an eyebrow. "You're brother? What are you talking about?"

            He laughed again. "My dear, did you dad tell you who all was there when you were born?"

      I hesitated. "My parents, my mom's sister and my dad's older brother. My uncle had just come home from the war and Dad had nick-named him "Scarface" because of a scar on his..."

            I did a double-take and looked at the General again. He had a long scar that ran across his right cheek. My eyes widened, and my heart sank into my stomach.

      "I haven't seen you since you were born, Lady Ala. Nice to see how much you've grown up," he smirked.

            "Callie, are you saying that-"

      "The General is my-my uncle..."