Behind the doors

The doors slowly slide open, and with it comes this really loud creaking noise. It looks like it hasen't been opened in a really long time, which it probably hasn't. As it's opening I look over to Andrea and her face has a weird mixture of shock and surprise on it. I probably look the same.

The creaking noise stops and I look back over to them. The doors have stoped about 3 feet apart from each other and isn't moving anymore. I walk slowly over to the doors and get to the entrance.
"Let's do this."
I say trying to seem confident, but Andrea can see through it easily. I'm anxious to see ways behind them but also realize that it could be anything, more tubs of animal limbs, bodies, or a prison for heavens sake. I really have no idea.
"Is anyone else scared of what's behind there." Jaclyn says from behind us, It makes me jump.

"No." Andrea says. She's obviously lying but I don't say anything to her.

"So who's going first." I say. I know Andrea will to seem tough so I wait for her answer. I stare at her through the darkness. Crap. She's not going to go first. Jaclyn defiantly isn't so I will have to. I'm about to speak up when the beeping interrupts me.

Beep, beep, beep.

I am so eager to see what's back there, I start clenching my fists to keep me calm. I'm like a child waiting to open her presents. Except her present won't have animal limbs in it. Mine might.

"Ok I can't wait any longer." Jaclyn says while stomping towards the opening.

"Woah, Woah,Woah, slow down I think we all should go at the same time." I say while grabbing her arm to stop her.
I look over to Andrea and she nods. Ok wow. We are really doing this. We're going to go through those doors. Right now. Today.

"Alright let's go, we don't have all day." Jaclyn says impatiently.

She's not as scared as I thought she was going to be. As scared as Andrea is. I don't really know what's going on with her but she's not being herself.

"Andrea are you okay?" I ask her. She nods blankly. She's not exactly looking at me, she's looking behind me at the doors. She probably wants to go in there as much as Jaclyn does but isn't yelling it out. I grab Andrea's hand. Jaclyn grabs mine and We take a step forward.

"On the count of three." I say.
"One." Another step closer.
"Two" another step closer to the doors. I am
"Three." We step in through the doors. I am immediately taken back by the smell of medicine and metal. I quickly cover my nose and mouth. I look around. But there isn't really anything to look at. It's darker in here than it was back there. I squint my eyes to get them to adjust to the darkness. My eyes are starting to hurt because I'm squinting so hard but I still can't see. Then I remember Jaclyn's flash light.

"Jaclyn go get your flashlight." I say, too scared to look away from what's in front of me.

"Why are you whispering?" Jaclyn asks me. She appears right in front of me when I look up. I didn't notice I was whispering.

"Sorry." I mumble. "Flashlight." I remind her and she walks back to where she left it.

Andrea is just standing there, staring off to space. I wave my hand in front of her face.

"Hello earth to Andrea. Anyone there? " I say shaking my hand in front of her face violently. In a spilt second Andrea grabs my wrist very powerfully to stop it from shaking.

"Stop." She says blankly. She still has my wrist in her hand.

I'm trying to pull it away but the grasp is too powerful for me. Andrea just won't Go of me.

"Andrea- let- go!" I grunt in between pulls. I use my other hand to pull her hand off.

"What's going on..."
I stop pulling when I hear Jaclyn's quiet voice. Andrea and I both turn to her. She has the flashlight pointed at us, I didn't even notice I was so focused on getting my hand free. Andrea let's go of my wrist and mumbles something quietly. My wrist aches so I start rubbing it, how did she hurt me so bad?

"Sorry." Andrea says looking me in the eyes.
"I don't know what happens to me. I'm just acting really weird. " She says, And I can tell she really means it. I can't stay mad at her and we all are acting weird anyways.

"Its fine. " I say massaging my wrist.

"Guys." Jaclyn says pointing behind me. "Look."

She's looking behind us and her eyes are bigger than I have ever seen them. She's pointing her flash light behind me and starts backing up. Then I remember where we are. I slowly turn around to see what it is. I gasp. My eyes shoot around the room in confusion.

Its a lab.

---------------------------------

Thanks for reading!!

Sorry i took forever to update I went camping for three days. (It was joyful)
And don't forget to vote and comment! :)