Chapter four

I started my day as I usually do, dancing around my room with my "turn up" playlist on full blast. It's definitely my best playlist, it wakes me up.

My mom was supposed to give me a ride today but because I had a "fit" she said I have to walk. I'm not complaining it's not that long of a walk.

After I've been walking for a few minutes I saw my old friend turn a corner.

" Tracy? Hey!" I said, pulling out one of my earphones.

"Kai, oh my god Ive missed you" she said engulfing me in a hug.

We walked the rest of the way together
Talking about the past few years we had away from eachother.

Arriving at school, we were still deep in our conversation. I was so interested in what she was saying about her summer vacation that I accidentally bumped into someone, i don't know who it was.

I turned and put my hand up "sorry" and kept walking with Tracy.

"Hey!" I heard someone run up behind us. "Hey" I turned around when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Stiles.

Oh come on.

" are you okay? You looked a little, uhh, upset last night." He said with a little bit of hurt in his voice.

" yeah I'm fine."  I smiled at him and continued walking with Tracy.

"I'll see you after class Tracy" we smiled at eachother and went our separate ways.

_________________________

After the bell rang I came out of class and I saw Tracy coming down the steps with her head hung low.

"Trac-" I stopped when I saw a boy bang his head on a locker beside me.

Okay then.

I was watching Tracy walk up to her locker. She looked really sad. I turned to my locker but kept an eye on Tracy.

She stopped putting her combination in, and looked down the hall. She started breathing really heavy, almost like she was scared.

I closed my locker and walked up slowly next to her. She was trying to take her lock off and struggling. When she finally got it off she swung her locker open and almost hit me in the face.

"Woah Tracy"

She gasped and looked up, breathing heavier. She turned towards me but she was looking right through me

"Hello?"

She started breathing heavier, I didn't think it was possible.  She stopped abruptly. Like she was holding her breath so no one could hear her.

"Hello tracy"

And then she let out a little screech. I don't think anyone heard her but me. She was back to her heavy breathing. I could see tears in her eyes as she started whispering to herself "there's nothing there,  there's nothing there, there's nothing there".

"Tracy, Tracy are you alright?" I put my hand on her shoulder and she looked at me, not through me. She looked around the hall way.

" hey let's go outside" I said to her in a concerned tone, leading the way with my hand still on her shoulder.

We just sat there for a few minutes. Every time I asked what happened, she would deny that anything had happened.

She did ask me if I could go to her house for a little while.

_________________________

I was sitting on her bed letting Parrish, the hot cop, and Lydia do there detective stuff. I'm so lost but Tracy needs me so I'll be here for her.

"I don't see any signs of an attempted force entry, the latch seems okay." Parrish turned around and faced Tracy. Lydia was looking at pictures on her wall. "You said something about birds Tracy?"

" the bird was at the skylight, the one that woke me up."

" can I take a look?"

Tracy nodded  slightly and the cop grabbed a chair to stand on. We all looked up at him as he stood on it to get a better look.

"Tracy you said this skylight was sealed for weather proofing?"

"Yea why?" Tracy asked

Parrish answered by pushing the skylight open.

Well..

Tracy sighed and looked at the floor, looking more scared than before.

Tracy probably couldn't see it but when he looked out of the skylight his eyes got bigger like he's seen something.

"Anything?" Lydia asked

Parrish looked down at her and she mouthed "what" to him. He looked over at Tracy who was tracing the pattern of her rug with her eyes.

"No nothing"

Yeah sure. I gave them both a serious look. They didn't hold eye contact with me for long.