Chapter five

I went back to school because I only had a little while left before my free period was over. I decided why not go hide in the library and read my book in silence. Was I wrong about the silence part.

" how did you get his transfer form?"

" did you break into the administration office?"

" no I did not break into the administration office, okay I might've broken into the administration office. Can we just focus on the signatures, please? They're different"

" they're sorta different"

" they're completely different! Come on look, the garlands don't even match-"

I put my head phones in not wanting to hear whoever it was babbling. But I still managed to hear someone scream " I don't need anyone!"

_________________________

After school I started to walk home when stiles almost backed into me with his jeep.

" woah innocent pedestrian!" I yelled at him.

He looked at me, a little bit aggravated and said " get in."

"Sure, that wasn't creepy at all"

_________________________

For some reason stiles wanted mine and Liam's help to watch this guy named theo I think. We watched him play video games in his room for three hours. Three hours.

Then we followed him into the woods.

" I told you he was up to something" stiles sounded happy with himself.

" we just spent three hours watching this dude play videos games in his bedroom, I doubt he's here covering up a mass murder"

A what?

" let's find out." And then he started running.

" yea just bring me along but don't bother telling me what's going on" I said to my self as I ran to catch up with them.

We were walking for a bit when stiles said " still got his scent?"

" are you like a wolf or something? Why would you need his scent when you can clearly see his foot prints right there" I said pointing to where Liam was about to step.

"Oh" they both said at the same time.

"And he's a werewolf along with lots of others at school" stiles said but he looked like he regretting saying it immediately.

Really?

" oh so that's why the school always smells like dog?" I said with a smirk.

Liam laughed, "I like you"

Liam was talking about how he was going to tell his friend mason he was , a werewolf? Which is a subject I still don't understand.

Mid sentence he abruptly stopped talking and there was a thump. Me and stiles turned around and he was gone? Nope he fell in a hole.

" the hell are you doing? I - oh there he is. Hurry up stop screwing around." Stiles ran in the other direction.

"Someone's a little pissy" I said extending an arm down to Liam, " need some help?"

He didn't answer, he grabbed his phone, an jumped out running to stiles.

Well okay then.

I followed suit. Stiles turned around and signaled us to be quiet. We stood behind a fallen tree and watched theo, standing on a bridge.

"Try to get his scent, anything?"

" soap, nice it smells good" I chuckled

"Not his soap," stiles said a little aggravated, " his emotional state, chemo signals remember?"

"Oh. Uh he's sad" Liam said confused

"Sad?"

"No not just sad, more like, uh grief."

"Grief?"

"Uh guys, he's grieving, didn't his sister die here?" I said

"Oh my god. Go just go."

We all ran, but got cut off when theo jumped off a tree into our path.

"What are you guys doing?" Theo asked with a smile, creepy at that. But still cute. Why is everyone in beacon hills cute?

Liam growled at him. Theo put his hands up in surrender, " woah, why do I get the feeling this kids tougher than he looks?"

" he is when we let him off his leash" stiles replied slyly. " stiles, we were in little league together, why are you so suspicious of me?" He sounded hurt

Awh don't be sad little wolf.

Stiles put his head down and kicked at a loose rock in the dirt, " because of these," he handed theo two folded up pieces of paper, " ones a speeding ticket signed by your dad a few years ago, the other is a transfer form to beacon hills high, they're different."

" yeah they do look a little different"

" no they're totally different, signed by two different people."

I'm gonna take a swing and say it wast stiles earlier in the library talking about signatures.

" are you saying my dads not my dad, he's an imposter?" Theo said laughing.

" something like that" Liam said trying to be tough.

Theo folded the papers back up. " who do you think I am?"

"We don't know yet."

"Do you want me to give you a dna sample or something?" I almost feel bad for him, he just got back into town and he's already being pestered. But if stiles says he's bad news, I believe him.

" no, I don't have anything from fourth grade to match it too"

Theo put his head down lowering his voice considerably and saying sadly, " you know stiles, I came back here for Scott, but I also came back here for you. Someone like you, someone who's willing to walk out into the woods in the middle of the night to protect his friends, I don't have anyone like that, Scott does, you all do," he looked over at Liam who put his head down in shame. "I know I'm in the right place. I'm meant to be here, I'm meant to be a part of this pack."

A what? I guess I don't know that much after all.