The Cloudless Sky I

When Barry woke, she felt groggy. For a moment, she was confused again, before a short collection of memories of her first awakening hit her. She was, while still confused, a little clearer on what was happening. At least there wasn't anyone there, trying to force her to pee in a cup or something...

But oh! There had been Dr. Wells there. What was he doing there and why was he in a wheelchair? And dear God, what an impression she must've made! She probably looked half-crazed or something.

Suddenly, she heard a whirl and speak of the devil, Dr. Wells himself wheeled into the room. Seeing her awake, he slowly smiled widely and came closer. Actually, he started saying something too, but she couldn't quite hear or focus, considering right then the image in her head was a far cry from reality.

In fact, she could hear Take My Breath Away playing in the background as Dr. Wells came closer, like a cliché 80's love scene, or just like where the song came from in Top Gun and Dr. Wells was Tom Cruise and she was Kelly McGillis. Her perception of reality must've been further skewed by the fact she was seeing an invisible wind blowing his already untamable hair back, and the background was fading from a lab and into a romanticized sunset backdrop.

"Miss Allen, are you alright?" she finally heard as he came to a stop in front of her, looking puzzled but still smiling.

She opened her mouth, but she couldn't say anything aside from "Guh?"

Barry turned red in embarrassment and wished she was back to being comatose and out of this ridiculous situation she'd gotten herself into. She gave an awkward smile and laughed nervously.

"Sorry, I was just..." 'Picturing you in a Tom Cruise way? Yeah, I'm not going to say that.' "Still just trying to gather myself. I'm still confused about everything."

Oh God, she was being ridiculous and she could just hear Iris snort in the back of her head, taunting her about "Oh yeah, your 'celebrity crush.' Geez girl, it's been way blown out of proportion, and you've got issues. He's like Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, and Justin Bieber all rolled into one for you!"

She knew her face was probably flushed red and her thoughts weren't helping her, but also...

Justin Bieber? Really, Iris?

Although, she did agree with the Iris voice in her head that her idol worship of the man was probably very, very weird and ridiculous. Like she was and kept being.

"Miss Allen, perhaps a glass of water would help?" he said firmly, handing her a glass.

She hid her wince. Ugh, she zoned out again.

Barry gave him a stiff smile and took many sips of water, feeling much better afterwards. She finally focused and centered her attention on Dr. Wells. The Berlin song also came to a screeching halt, especially as the unfamiliar people from before entered the room.

"Miss Allen, this is Dr. Caitlin Snow and Cisco Ramon," Dr. Wells introduced them. "Caitlin will be checking your vitals right now. I should inform you that Cisco was able to contact your family and inform them of your awakening, so you don't have to worry and that they will be coming over soon."

Barry gave him a thankful smile, while allowing Dr. Snow to check her. Then the doctor held up the cup from before and gave an apologetic look.

"Sorry, but I really need a urine sample. I can show you where the bathrooms are?"

Barry sighed, but pulled herself off the bed, and both Dr. Snow and Cisco Ramon came to help.

"Thank you, Dr. Snow, Mr. Ramon," she thanked, though she was beginning to suddenly feel energized.