The Cloudless Sky III

Harrison wasn't quite sure what was wrong. At this point, he was sure that Barry would have, after a fight with Joe that she would later tell him about, stomp into STAR Labs and demand their help into subduing the new metahuman she'd come across.

But...she had also felt upset and hurt to know that there were others with powers like her and that they'd lied –this time he'd told her about them already.

He watched Cisco and Caitlin move on with their work, studying the data they'd collected on Barry and trying to make sense of things. His finger tapped against his thigh in agitation, and he was hoping this was a change he'd made for the better (and wouldn't come back to haunt him).

He remembered last time...She was confronted by Joe, fled straight to them to confront them and find out about the metahumans, and then gone storming off to...Starling...

Harrison clenched his hand, stopping his finger from tapping.

Could she have gone straight to Starling instead? It was possible, since instead of being surprised by Clyde Mardon's presence and new ability (and therefore coming to them), something must've triggered in her to go to somewhere else with another matter.

He waited patiently until Cisco and Caitlin had left, and as even then Barry had yet to show up, he decided enough was enough. He took out the phone he owned and called her, deciding that if she would not come to him, then he would get her to.

"Hello?" her confused voice sounded over the phone.

"Barry, this is Dr. Wells," he said, unsure if he should have used the name he'd allowed her to use instead.

"Dr. –H-Harrison," she stumbled over his name, though she still sounded confused. "How'd you get my number?"

"I memorized it," he joked slightly, though it was rather true. It wasn't like her number had changed in any of the timelines. "But seriously, we have it on record, along with your foster father and sister's."

"Oh," she sounded faintly embarrassed. "Um, is there something you needed, Harrison?"

"There was something I needed to talk to you about. I was hoping you could come to the lab right now?"

"Alright, I'll be there. I just entered the city limits and was walking when you called."

Harrison frowned to himself, confirming that Barry had probably gone to Starling City. "City limits?" he asked anyway, making himself sound puzzled.

"Ah, well...I was just in Starling City for a bit. But now I'm back and I'll see you in a few, okay?" she sounded a little hesitant before she hung up.

He pulled his phone back from his ear and continued to frown down at it. However, just moments later, Barry appeared and was giving him a small smile. Returning it with one of his usual faint ones, he gestured for her to take a seat.

"Is something wrong?" she asked nervously, and he thought fast on how he was going to phrase what he had to say.

Last time, he had told her dismissively that she shouldn't be off playing hero and to not put herself on the line. This was a job for the police, not her, and that she was nothing special –just a girl hit by lightning.

This time, he didn't want to repeat that mistake. He didn't want to push her away, even though he really didn't want her going through this again. Even as vestiges of hate lingered in the back of his mind, the image of her dulled eyes and broken body was what stayed to the forefront of his mind nowadays.

"I remember you telling everyone how much you really wanted to do good with your powers," he started out, and faltered at the soft smile he'd gained from her as he said that. "I admire that. I just..."