Early Morning, Cold Taxi

Waller gestured for Barry to take a seat, and both Singh and Barry did on the seats before Singh's desk, where Waller took Singh's seat behind the desk.

"Don't be alarmed," Waller reassured her.

Barry wasn't reassured at all.

"I've known and kept tabs on you since you became associated with The Arrow and became the Red Hood," Waller spoke carefully, though that caused Barry to freeze up. She also glanced at Singh, who looked taken aback and gave her an intent look that Barry avoided returning.

"Don't call me that," Barry muttered, but she was ignored.

Waller kept smiling. "This new development has caused myself and my organization great interest. You see, I have need of someone with your talents."

And suddenly the name Amanda Waller clicked with Barry, and she remembered everything Oliver had told her about the woman and all the warnings he had for her to avoid Waller and keep away.

"I'm not joining your Suicide Squad or becoming one of your operatives," Barry blurted out, causing Waller to chuckle ominously (well, it sounded ominous to her) while Singh looked at her in alarm.

"It's 'Task Force X,'" Waller corrected her. "And you will become one of my operatives. Because the moment you were found out, we retrieved your father from prison and he's currently in a safe place."

Barry saw red and flashed from her seat to snatch Waller by the woman's front and slam her against the wall behind her, rattling Singh's things.

"WHERE IS MY DAD?!" Barry practically roared, though she was thankful the blinds were closed.

"Allen, calm down!" though Singh's eyes were wide at the display of power, adding to the fuel that came with the video he'd witnessed, but also at the uncharacteristic anger from Barry. Barry didn't get angry like this, though he could understand with the threat involved.

"You wouldn't want to do that, Miss Allen," Waller said calmly.

A red dot appeared on Barry's neck, and Barry and Singh turned to see where it was coming from. A man with a peculiar eyepiece slid out from his hiding place, scowling heavily.

"Are you faster than a bullet, Miss Allen? Fast enough to even catch it? In any case, even if you had taken me out, I assure you, ARGUS would still be in possession of your father. That part wouldn't have changed."

Still wearing a furious expression, Barry reluctantly let go and walked backwards to head back to her chair, eying the newcomer warily.

"Miss Allen, this is Floyd Lawton, also known as Deadshot," Waller introduced the man with the eyepiece, returning to her own seat.

Barry eyed him even more warily. "I've heard of him," she mumbled.

"Let's get down to business, shall we?" Waller cut right down to it. "Since you probably know quite a bit, no doubt from your association with The Arrow, then let me tell you what I'm...requesting. I am aware that you have acquired powers, and of the man in the video –Clyde Mardon – had also. Lining up the timeline of events and what little the two of you would have in common, I am to presume the cause of that is because of the particle explosion nine months ago."

Barry couldn't withhold her wince, which was confirmation enough.

"I could also presume that there are probably more of your kind out there, and with the psychoanalysis done on you, I would guess that you have put yourself in charge of finding them and rounding them up due to your innate sense of justice and responsibility."

By this time, Barry was starting to feel and look mulish. Stubbornly, she kept her mouth shut.

Waller began to smile again. "By all means, go right ahead. In fact, I can make your little operation as legal as it can get."