Chapter 1: Parent-Teacher Conference

*Adriana's P.O.V*

*Beep!Beep!Beep!*

I turn over and tap snooze on my phone, rubbing my eyes I make my way into the shower. After a twenty minute hot shower I got dressed in a black knee-length pencil skirt and a white tank top with a black blazer buttoned up until my breasts. I put a skinny white belt over the skirt and finished up the outfit with white pumps. Standing in front of my dresser I put on my usual make up for work, which consisted of eyeliner, mascara, and nude lipstick. I brushed my chestnut curls back into a neat ponytail and made sure not a single hair was out of place.

Looking over at my phone I noticed I had about an hour and a half to get to Charlotte's parent-teacher conference. I stepped out of my room and turned to Charlotte's room, her white door was slightly open. I walked right in, went to her bed and shook her a little. She grumbled loudly and pushed at me, "Mom leave me alone, I'm tired" I sighed, my heart aching in my chest. Shaking her once more her hazel eyes opened, she smiled up at me "Morning sis". I couldn't help but smile back at her, "Good morning troublemaker, get your skinny ass in the shower and down stairs now, we need to get to your conference on time". I got up, walked out, closed the door behind me, and made my way downstairs to the kitchen to start on breakfast.

After putting Charlotte's favorite cereal in her bowl, putting the gallon of milk beside her bowl so she could pour it on her own - she doesn't like soggy food - and a green apple on the table I made my cinnamon oatmeal and ate my green apple as well. After 45 minutes Charlotte came downstairs and ate her breakfast quietly, once she was done she got her bag and was out the door. I grabbed my black purse and walked out of our delightful little two-story home. I locked the door behind me and made my way to my black car.

Once I turned on the engine and our 15 minute drive began, the ride was silent as we were reminded of the situation at hand. We finally made it to the school parking lot with only two minutes before the time of the conference. "Charlotte hurry up we only have two minutes before the meeting and class starts in five!" I yelled at her while getting out of the car and running to the familiar classroom. With one minute to spare I walked into the classroom, Charlotte behind me. "Good morning Ms. Lancaster, I'm glad you made it on time today" Mrs. Ortiz smiled my way, I evened my breathing and made my way to a table near the teacher's desk. I pulled out a chair and sat across from Mrs. Ortiz, Charlotte pulled out a chair next to me.

"Well Charlotte all I need you for is to make sure that you are aware of what will be discussed inside this room between me and your sister, it won't be about your grades but about your behavior and your absences. Thank you for honestly telling your sister about the conference, you can now go to your homeroom as it will begin in a matter of minutes." Mrs. Ortiz smiled at Charlotte. Charlotte nodded, said goodbye and walked out the classroom. Mrs. Ortiz turned back to me and began to take out some paper work from a manila folder.

"Ms. Lancaster as I just told Charlotte I called this conference because of her absences in my class and her behavior. Her grades are impeccable, all her homework and classwork are always completed and she mostly just receives A's and B's. But it seems Charlotte doesn't seem to pay much attention while I lecture, she's either on her phone or sleeping, and that's when she's here. She misses at least three times a month, I just wanted to speak to you so that you could see if you could get her on track before it affects her from going to any of the senior activities or jeopardize her chance of graduating." She hands me all the paperwork proving all of Charlotte's absences.

I take a moment to let it all sink in and clear my throat, "Mrs. Ortiz thank you so much for informing me of my sister's behavioral and attendance issues. I will try my best to make her improve her attitude towards your class. Thank you for your time, now I must make my way to work please excuse me." I got up and shook her hand. "It was great speaking to you Ms. Lancaster, have a wonderful day at work." I grabbed my purse and walked to my car. Going into parent mode I thought of how I could give her an effective speech and punish her without it getting out of hand again.

My phone suddenly began to ring, seeing as it was my boss calling I answered immediately. "Good morning Mr. Adams how can I help you?"

"Good morning Adriana, are you on your way to work?" Mr. Adams said gently.

"Yes sir I'm on my way is everything alright?" I said concerned.

"Yes, I just need you in my office the minute you arrive at the office" I began to worry. I hope it's not bad news because I can't afford to get fired.

***Hey there liddo bubbles of romance, thank you for taking the time to read, if you can please take a minute to vote and/or comment. If you have any suggestions or comments about the story, a chapter, or even a specific scene please let me know I am open to suggestions and will like to here all of your opinions.

Love, Jessica xoxo