Chapter 6: Working Beside Him

*Adriana's P.O.V*

Twenty minutes after arriving at the office Evan Adams walked in and sat on one of the chairs before my desk. "Good morning Mr. Adams" I looked up, smiled, and returned back to filing a document that was handed to me the minute I walked in.

"Good morning Ms. Lancaster, would you mind if I set the chair beside you to see what you are working on?" he said with his husky voice.

"Of course I don't, do as you please" I said casually.

He just sat beside me watching me and asking questions occasionally, but he mostly seemed bored and would bring out his phone and text most of the time. I was getting a bit agitated at his indifference, he had a bored face plastered on. I tried hard to hold in a huge grunt from slipping out my lips.

*Ring! Ring! Ring!*

My work phone interrupted my thoughts, I answered and was surprised to hear Collin's deep voice.

"Adriana! I've missed you! You haven't called me in so long! I thought you were still mad at me for that prank I did to you on Charlotte's birthday" his loud voice hurt my ears. I looked over at the still bored-looking Evan Adams, who seemed entertained with his phone.

"Hi Collin, I'm a bit busy at work could I call you when I take my lunch break? I promise I'm not mad anymore" I said so that I could go back to work.

"Awww! Fine but you better not forget!" he sounded as if he were pouting.

"Yeah, yeah! How could I ever forget" we said goodbye and hung up. I went back to work quietly minding my own business. The silence continued for about five more minutes. That was until I accidentally pushed a stack of papers onto the floor with my elbow. I silently cursed and bent over to pick it up, I heard some shuffling and saw Evan picking up some papers as well. I was a little shocked. As I went for the last two papers I felt warmth touch my hand, I looked up into his eyes. He stared back, and then suddenly I pulled my hand back.

"Uhm I apologize for that...." I sat up straight and so did he.

"It's alright..." he answered simply.

I was shaken up by his touch. I could still feel his warmth lingering on my hand. Why is my heart beat so quick? I have to calm down, it was just a simple touch of hands. Why the fuck am I so worked up over this?! I was angry and frustrated with myself.

The rest of the morning continued as it had before but now I seemed to be more aware of him and the heat from his touch still lingered hours after having made contact with my skin.

~0o0~

*Lunch*

"Collin I'm not mad at you anymore for putting frosting all over my hair and face. Although I had gotten all fixed up! Ughh yes I miss you too." I sighed even though he was a huge pain in my ass I did miss him a lot.

"Can we go out for drinks this weekend? Please! Bring Laura and her boyfriend too. Please?" he pleaded over and over.

"Fine but you can't stay over this time because I don't want you bringing one of your sluts into my house and hear you do the nasty in the room next to mine." I shivered remembering how loud he and the girl had been that night after we had gone clubbing.

"That was one time! I apologized the next morning! You're so mean! I'm your best friend, forgive me!" he complained loudly nearly making my ear bleed.

"Listen I can't eat calmly with your loud ass. I'll text you later bye, love you."

"Bye meanie! Love you too!" he yelled again.