Old Legends

Luke grins up at the castle when he sees it. "Barrone, you little fucker, you really did it." He murmurs before pulling out a spare key that he had made for the castle and trying the door.

When he manages to open the door he listens carefully to hear something murmuring something. He rests his right hand on his faithful axe while he reaches for some of his throwing knives with his left hand. The sounds get louder as whatever is making the noises gets closer. Luke pulls out his axe in self defence as he gets pounced by a creature with human like features slightly distorted through mutilation and scars.

It doesn't let Luke swing his axe at it by grabbing his wrist and pinning it above his head. This makes Luke panic and try to draw one of his throwing knives but the creature snatches it out of his hand to pin it to his throat.

Shit! Luke thinks as the creature pinning him down licks his face.

He shuts his eyes in a mixture of fear and disgust as the creature grunts something incoherent.

"H-human..." It repeats clearer.

As soon as it comes to this realisation, it releases Luke from its grip and recoils, covering its ears as it murmurs the word over and over again.

Luke sits up and gives it a curious look, trying to take in everything he can about it to see if he knows anything about what kind of creature it is.

The most notable thing about it is the bright red hair which is overgrown and probably hasn't been groomed in years. At first, Luke thought that its eyes were red but looking closer at it he can see that they are actually a light brown colour, bordering on being hazel. His teeth look normal and his canines are pointed but not to the scale of a vampire's. The one thing which takes Luke's attention the most is the tattoo on this creature's neck. He's seen it in so many pictures and studied the lore of this castle for so long that there's no way that he wouldn't know who that tattoo belongs to.

"Kier Kemp." He murmurs.

The crazed warrior looks up at the sound of his name and bares his teeth with a hiss.

Luke doesn't let this scare him off. "That's your name, isn't it?" He checks.

His calming tone seems to help the other man relax slightly and it tries to speak. It all comes out as a mixture of sounds which don't make sense to be put together.

While Kier is trying to talk, Luke notices a scar underneath his ribs which hasn't been treated. Luke waits for Kier to give up trying to talk and nods gently to the wound.

"Do you want me to help you with that?" Luke asks.

Kier doesn't seem to understand and backs away slightly.

This makes Luke try to show him by trying to pull disinfectant and bandages out of his bag, unfortunately, this alarms Kier and he immediately pulls Luke's knife from earlier to his throat again. Luke stops to keep his throat from being sliced open, knowing that Kier is definitely capable of doing so.

"I'm not going to hurt you." Luke tries to calm Kier down by letting go of his bag. "Look through it yourself, the only weapons I have are over there." He explains.

Kier growls at him before rummaging through the bag, stopping when he reaches a can of food and tries biting into it.

This takes his attention away from Luke for a while so he takes out the things he needs, as well as another can of food for him and a can opener.

Kier glares at the can opener and snarls at it. Luke holds his hands up in surrender to calm Kier down before slowly opening one of the cans. Kier snatches the open can from him and pours its contents into his mouth. Luke watches for a moment with a faint smile before chuckling. "Here I was going to offer you a spoon."