Maya

Finally I can get out of this stupid hospital! But I can't go home. My parents are dead, and the apartment building already put it up for sale. And there is no way people are going to send me to some orphanage like I'm little Annie. If I had family I could go stay with them... but I don't. 

I hear a knock at the door, breaking my reverie. "Come in." I say, expecting Lucas or Riley.They're my most common visitors. Instead I see Corey. It's a Thursday, at ten o'clock in the morning. He should be at school teaching. 

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be teaching?"

"Maya you should really be more excited to see me. I'm here to pick you up."

"Oh. Could you take me to my house, I need to get some clothes."

"Of course Maya. And while your at it, could you please pack your bags?"

"Why?"

"Because you're going to live with us now Maya. We'll be your family, we always were."

Tears fill my eyes, and I quietly day, "Thank you." I go up to him giving him a hug. He's surprised by the sudden movement, but he hugs me back. "Your welcome, Maya." 

We break from the hug, and we walk out of my room and into the hallway. "So would you like me to pack my bed and bedding so Riley and I can share a room?" I ask, mentally making a list of things I need.

We walk into the sidewalk, and I'm finally out of the hospital. "That won't be necessary. Topanga and I have transformed the guest room to your new bedroom. Well we did have some help from Lucas, Riley, and Farkle." "Wow. Thank you so much Corey. I really appreciate it." He helps me into the car, and we take off towards what was my mom's apartment.