Chapter 2

A/n: this will now be in narrator's POV because it's a lot easier for what I want to do
✦✦✦

The next morning, Camila woke up refreshed and happy knowing she would see Lauren everyday. Before they both headed in for the night, the girls exchanged phone numbers. In the morning, Camila took advantage of being able to text the older girl and did just that.

Camila: Hey Lo, wanna grab lunch later?

Lauren: Lo? No ones ever called me that before. And sure! Say 12:30?

Camila: Perfect! See you then

Lauren: Bye Camz

Camila was satisfied that Lauren had given her nickname back even though she had been called Camz before. She smiled and got out of bed to go get a small breakfast and get ready before meeting Lauren in just a few hours.

✦✦✦

After Lauren and Camila had their little texting conversation, Lauren squealed in excitement at the thought  of going on an unofficial date with the young girl. Lauren could tell that she had some feelings for Camila and Camila had some feelings for Lauren. She planned to ask her questions about her life, given she didn't know much about her. The 19 year old then realized she had been overthinking all of this and decided to go out for her morning run. As she passed Camila's apartment, right as she walked out, of her own, she smiled. She had just met Camila and she already made her so happy.

She had to use her phone to figure out her running route in Boston after just moving from Seattle the day before. The night she got there, she stayed in a hotel instead of moving right into her apartment. She was there for dance, to teach at a school, to also be a dancer at one, and to go to BC. In Seattle, she lived in a small rural part of the city and knew her route easily. In Boston, there were lots of turns and was back to her apartment building in five minutes. She shrugged it off and decided to plan out her afternoon. She didn't know where they were going but decided to figure everything else out. She's your neighbor Lauren. The green-eyed girl thought to herself. You can do this. You can do this.

✦✦✦

"So Lauren, what brings you to Boston?" Damn it Camila the college freshman thought to herself. You don't need to sound like a freaking interviewer!

"Well," the older girl replied, "I'm here to study teaching as a backup plan at BC and for dance. I actually have a big audition for the lead in the Nutcracker on Tuesday! I'm feeling pretty confident about it. I've been practicing really hard. But enough to about me, tell me about yourself." Geez Lauren, don't be so cliche.

"I'm here because I'm from here in Massachusetts but my family lives in a little town on the border of Rhode Island where we're from. I went to a little Christian school just the next town over. That's the reason I play volleyball because it's one of the few schools down there with a volleyball team."

"Was it a private school?" Lauren asked.

"Yes," Camila replied, "my dad wasn't a big fan of public schools so me and my little sister Sofi were sent there." Oh my gosh Camila. Are you boring enough yet?

"So why are you in Boston specifically?" Come on Lauren you suck at this!

"I'm here on a volleyball scholarship and I'm also majoring in interior design and minoring in finance."