Chapter 1

“Okay so we have two cars,” Rider explained, “and fifteen people. So, seven go in one car, and eight in the other.”

            We all laughed at Rider, he was such the perfectionist. I’ve known him for most my life too. He has dark brown hair and hazel eyes. For a while in seventh grade I had a little bit of a crush on him, but that ended when we became such good friends.

            “I say we pull out of a hat,” Kassy suggested. “To decide who goes in which car.” Kassy has gorgeous long dark brown hair that cascades down her shoulders and dark brown eyes.   

            We all agreed that that would be the best option. So Kassy wrote down one and two on pieces of paper and stuffed them in a hat.

            She held up the hat high, and reached her hand out to Damen. He reached in and pulled out a two. For that second I despised the number two; there was no way I was going to sit in a car with him for two in a half hours. It didn’t seem that long when I thought about it, but I knew that in the car I would be tempted to strangle him. I don’t know why I hated Damen so much. Maybe it was because I’ve only been in one real relationship, and that was with Will. Damen talked Will into dumping me, and I know I shouldn’t blame the whole thing on Damen. I guess I just couldn’t accept that Will would intentionally hurt me; I still can’t. Damen has fine dark blond hair and lantern green eyes.  

            Kassy then reached over to me, and all I could think was, my god, please don’t pull out a two. I put my hand into the hat and grabbed the one closest to the left. I yanked it back and sighed in relief; it was a one.

            This “game” went on for a while but in the end I had to ride with Sam, Leah, Will, Dylan, Rider, and Byron. This meant this was going to be one hell of an awkward ride; only because Sam and Leah will probably be fighting over Dylan the whole time.

            “I vote Dylan drives!” Byron exclaimed.

            “And why is that?” Dylan argued, gesturing with his hands. All of us always make fun of him, because he has a tendency to constantly talk with his hands.

            “Well,” Byron chuckled, “I’ll probably sleep the whole ride, no one could talk Rider into driving, and I guarantee Will will be on the phone most the time talking to the others about directions.”

            Dylan nodded, but still continued arguing, “Why doesn’t one of the girls drive?”

            Sam and I began laughing, “Do you honestly trust either of us to drive?” I said twirling a strand of my dark brown hair around my index finger.

            Dylan crossed his arms over his chest, and finally he seemed to acknowledge that he would not be able to win this fight. Therefore, all of us ran outside into the cold breezy Price atmosphere, and after throwing all of our bags into the trunk we began jumping into the car.

            “I call shotgun,” Will called pushing Byron out of the way, and soaring into his seat. In the back Leah and Byron sat, in the middle it went Rider, then Sam, then lastly me.

            Dylan started the car and began driving, after moments of silence Will chuckled, “Thank god Dylan has a dad car.” I found myself smiling; it was true what guy at the age eighteen had an eight seated car?

            Leah scoffed, “Well, maybe it just means that Dylan wants a big family when he gets older.” I turned in my seat to face her. She has beautiful thin blonde hair and baby blue eyes.

            My god, I thought, what an idiot. Doesn’t she realize how desperate she sounds? I could hear Dylan groaning in the front.

            Sam leaned over to me, “it’s not like she’s going to be his wife, right? She is just ridiculous.” I could make out the jealousy in her voice, and it hurt my ears. Sam and Leah use to be best friends, but after a while of Leah stealing all of the guys Sam ever liked they split apart. I couldn’t blame them though; I would have done the same thing.

             I reassured Sam but she kept raging on, and I grinned, “Are you on your period?”

            Sam’s face tensed, “why would you think that?!” she spat.

            I shrugged in my seat, “You just seam kinda, I don’t know, snappy.” Sam huffed and sat back in her seat obviously annoyed. I turned my head and there was Rider just sitting there quietly. He had probably observed the whole scene. I smiled at him and he began laughing, yup there was not a doubt in my mind he hadn’t heard it all.

            “You didn’t hear anything,” I mouthed and he nodded, clearly understanding the message. He pretended to zip his lips shut, and I knew I could trust him to keep it a secret.