Chapter 14- The Battle

Alexa pov

I woke up the next morning to Bella yelling at Edward, weird?

"You knew he was listening! That's why you said all that!"

I came out of the tent in time to see Jacob shift and run down the mountain. And to see Seth come up, the battle has begun.

We were able to hear what was going on through the link between Seth and the pack. Bella was relieved to hear that Jacob was not letting the revile of the engagement get to him. That or he was using that and picturing the newborns as Edward, or maybe Bella at this point.

Edward flinched, Victoria saw we weren't at the fight, she and Riley were on there way up here to attack Bella.

Edward picks up Bella and starts to run further up the mountain while I get on Seth as he does the same.

Suddenly Seth and Edward stop

"There is no use in running, Seth and I both know that. I'm going to try and convince Riley to join us and turn against Victoria. If, and only if I am unable to Seth will jump out and arrack Riley when he lunges for me. From there we will have to think strategically to finish Victoria. Bella you stand behind me, Seth and Alexa stay hidden, let's hope Victoria doesn't pick up your scents. "Edward said

Seth and I hid just in time to avoid being seen by Riley

"Riley, listing to me, Victoria's just useing you to distract me, she knows I'll kill you." Edward stated just as Victoria fell from a tree near by

"Infact she'll be glad she doesn't have to deal with you anymore."

"Don't listen Riley, I told you about their mind tricks" Victoria said

"I can read her mind, so I know what she thinks of you." Edward said

"He's lying"

"She only created this whole army and you to avenge her true mate, James. It's the only thing she cares about, not you."

"There's only you, you know that"

"Think about it, your from Forks, you know the area. That's the only reason she choose you. She doesn't love you"

"Riley, don't let him do this to us.....you know I love you"

With an evil smile Riley said the key words we all hope he never said,

"Your dead."

As Riley was lunging for Bella and Edward, Seth jumped up and tackled Riley and tore off his hand while he screamed in pain.

Victoria started to run, but Edward opened his mouth and got her to stay a little longer,

"You won't get another chance like this again....you want her, you want me to feel the pain you felt when I killed James....when I tore him to pieces....when I turned him into ash.....when I turned him into nothing"

Victoria wa shaking at this point and lunged at Edward pulling them both to the ground. Victoria was the first to get up, pushing Bella into a tree causeing her to become unconscious. Edward looks at Bella lying on the ground, Victoria choose this moment to jump on Edward and pull him yet again to the ground, this time she had his neck.

Seth comes flying out of nowhere and tackles her off of Edward, and the stand down begins.

Edward with Victoria.... Seth with Riliey

Riley runs toward Seth, but Edward hits him mid air causeing him to fall. Victoria uses the moment to attack Edward and get him in a headlock, just as Riliey gets his arms around Seth. Right as there about to kill them I look into Seth's eyes. They look as if he was saying goodbye, I knew he did not want me to do anything, but when have I ever listened to what someone tells me to do.

"Stop! Don't hit them!"

Both sets of eyes shoot to me, I guess hiding with Seth did make my sent go away after all. I will have to make a mental to thank Jasper if I get out of this alive.

"I knew there was another one, you must have been the owner to the room next to Bella, you are her little sister. I guess we both get a snack Riliey." Victoria laughs

I get the rock out of my pocket I was keeping for emergencies and cut my arm, this is when I really get their attention. Riliey lunges at me first and Seth rips Riley's arm off and drags him away with the other one.

Edward is able to wrestle out of the grip and have Victoria over his shoulder, holding her by the neck. He flips her over his head and throws her over towards a rock. As she runs back Edward grabs her neck and bites her causeing her to die. I watch him gather the pieces and make a pile, just as he lights the match I fell myself get light headed and blackout.

Long awaited I know, but I wanted to get the chapter just right. I want to give credit to Stephenie Meyer for part of this chapter, I watched the movie scene again to make sure I get the parts just right. I will have a chapter 15 up before the end of the day. Yes you read right, 2 chapters in 1 day, I am getting better.

Your author, Megan