:/Behind These Thick-Framed Glasses\: [Chapter 2]

Chapter Two

♬ Valerie Brooks ♬ 

I walked through the hallway, hugging my jacket tightly around me, getting conscious of the people around me. Although this is already my senior year, people are still really childish. They don't stop bullying someone that they feel that is out of place. Though I have been trying to change my appearance, they will just start insulting me about wanting to change so that I can be with them so I just gave up on the idea.

"Valerie Brooks!" a familiar voice shouted and the storming of shoes echoing in the emptied hallway. "Why the hell are you running away from me?"

I stopped on my feet, turning around. I smiled at Nikki. "I'm not running from you." I lied, "I mean, why would I. You are my only friend in this school, I can't afford loosing you." I told her. The truth was I was really running away from her.

The girls she was with a while ago were shooting me daggers. Nikki was one of those popular and beautiful girls in the school, everybody wants to be her friend, but with me standing beside her, people just start to stay away since they don't want to be near with the nerd.

She rolled her eyes, "You are obviously lying to me," she said, "After all those years we were together, it would be really weird if I still can't see through your lies. You don't even know how to act."

"Just because you are from the Drama Club," I muttered under my breath, hoping that she wouldn't hear it. "Fine, I was running away from you." I admitted. "Your quote and unquote friends were shooting me daggers and they are saying that they didn't want me to be there." I explained to her.

"Erika and friends?" she asked and I nodded in reply. "They didn't even got the chance to open their mouths to talk." She laughed.

"Well, their eyes were the one saying it." I told her.

"Anyways," she started, "Will you come to Peter's party with me?" she asked.

I looked at her surprisingly. Of course those people wouldn't want me to be in their party, it would just feel weird for them. "I don't like those kind of things." I told her, "I hate being in crowded places." I am not claustrophobic, I just don't like places with crowds, it really gets hard to breathe.

"If you are worrying about them making fun of you, don't worry." She said, "I'll do a makeover for you." She smiled. "We can take of those braids and glasses." She said, untying one of my braids, letting it flow down. And a grin appeared on her face.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It took her an hour to convince me to come with her, she even cried, well acted, so that she can convince me. She knows that I can't say no to those pitiful people which made it easier for her since she's one of the best in her club.

We drove back to her house. "Tell your mom that you are not going home today. That you'll stay here for the night, so that she'll not get worried about you." She told me, closing the door behind us as we walked in her room.

I pulled my phone out and texted mom the exact words she told me. I got a yes as a reply and telling me not to bother Mrs. Eriks on my stay. "Sit here." Nikki said, gesturing to the chair standing in front of her.

I did as I was told. She took of my glasses without my permission, "Hey!" I shouted. She raised a brow at me like nothing happened and slowly untied my braids.

She allowed it to flow down my back, and started curling it the ends. When she was done, she leaned down to me, looking at the mirror, "You don't really need make-up, you have a natural beauty." She told me with a smile on her face.