:/Behind These Thick-Framed Glasses\: [Chapter 3-1]

• Dedicated to all wattpaders who supported BTTFG

Chapter Three – Part 1

♬ Valerie Brooks

Today was definitely not going to be any better for me; I knew it already from the second I woke up. Before I could even get up, I already heard the banging and cracking sounds that came from outside. It was some kind of the weekly routine of most of the bullies in school. Every week they’d go biking around the neighborhood and throw random stuff at my window until mom starts screaming and they quickly flee.

Nikki arrived a few minutes before 11, I was about to watch Titanic to go and have a reason to cry for the misfortune. Once Nikki starts talking she never stops, until it’s time to go. She starts telling me some gossip, which mostly consisted of Haley. This particular one was about how she got really wild after Cody left last night and started having tantrums like how she does in school, until her friends decided to bring her home. She was about to start saying something until she shrugs it off.

“What is it?” I asked with bewildered eyes.

“Um… since you want to know…” she said shyly,

She added “Wanna go to the party tonight at Trent’s?”

“Uh---um… okay,” I replied.

“I know that you don’t want to, bu---, wait did you just say okay?! Ermergerd!”

“Yes… last night was kind of fun you know…” I said, murmuring the last few words.

“I finally understand how parents feel when their kids finally grow up.” She replied, faking a tear.

“Oh shush. Stop it!” I said, preventing my laughter from spurting out.

“You can’t blame the newly elected Drama Club president!”

“By the way it’s going to be a masquerade ball and since you know nothing about masquerades you’re spending the afternoon with me.”

She definitely cracks me up all the time, after that we went on spending almost the whole afternoon in Nikki’s crib. I spent hours in Nikki’s insanely huge walk-in closet fitting her clothes and brand new ones she asked her assistant to buy out for me just for tonight. She continuously threw on dresses and gowns that ranged from an expensive brand to a custom made one just for her. She also gave me a bunch of heels and accessories that probably cost a lot more than any simple pendant I own at home. It was almost time for the party, when she decided on letting me something different from what I’m used to.

“Perfection!”

When I looked onto the mirror, I saw what I was wearing. It consisted of a sequin top and a high-low skirt. She gave me a pair of sparkly pumps and fixed my hair into a fishtail braid. Finally, the ever-important pair of contact lenses after everything Nikki gives me a slight wink and lays flat on her bed.