Chapter 1

By the way, unlike most HP fanfic writers, I'm American, so sorry if there are any inaccuraccies. Thanks!

September 1st/ one week later

I sat alone in an empty compartment on the Hogwarts Express, staring out of the window at all the happy families saying goodbye. I would talk to Euca, but she was currently with all the other pets. I felt a pang in my heart at the thought of the family I could've had. That could be my parents, and my sister, saying goodbye to me.. if it wasn't for..

You're a murderer. The twisted version of my voice spoke into my head once more, and I flinched. The voice had been following me ever since the day Dumbledore told me about the curse, my curse. The thought made my heart ache. What if they never found a way to break it? What if I was stuck like this forever? Living alone with 40 cats to talk to?

"Get out of my head." I whispered to the voice. I was shocked to hear it answer me.

I'll never be out of your head, it seems like you're stuck with me, Murderer. The voice hissed in my head. I flinched again and the train began to move. I felt the presence of the voice leave, and I sighed in relief. To distract myself, I began think of what Hogwarts would be like.

I'll be a fifth year, and the sorting hat will put me in one of four houses. I'll have to share a dorm with other girls in my year, so I'll need to avoid them, along with the rest of my house. I'll sit alone at breakfast, dinner, and lunch, and I won't talk to anyone.

I was surprised to find my eyes welling up with tears, I quickly blinked them away as I heard footsteps approaching my compartment. Oh great, now what?

Before I could pull out a book to distract myself with, four rowdy boys entered the compartment. One with messy black hair and glasses, one with mousy brown hair and scars across his face, one with wavy grey hair, and one porky blonde haired boy. The one with scars sighed and pushed his way to the front of the group. I tensed. Normally people don't talk to me.

"Sorry to interrupt," He began. His voice seemed tired, but fun all the while. "But may we sit here? Everywhere else is full."

I sat there, waiting for words to come form in my mouth, but nothing came. What should I do? I couldn't let them sit here, it could put their lives at risk! I opened my mouth to refuse. But nothing ever goes as planned for me.

"Ya, go ahead." Dang it! Why do my words never seem to work? I sighed as I saw the scarred boy smile, and sit down opposite me. The porky boy sat beside him. Next to me was the messy haired boy, and next to him was the boy with wavy hair. I looked out the window as the boys began bombarding me with questions I didn't feel like answering.

"Whoa whoa! Okay guys calm down." The scarred boy had quieted everyone down and looked at me expectantly. I sighed and spoke.

"My name is Elladore White but please, call me Ella. I'm a transfer from Beauxbatons, and I'll be in my fifth year. And you are?"

The scarred boy smiled and began motioning to everyone. "I'm Remus, the boy next to me is Peter, the boy next to you is James, and next to him is Sirius. We're all fifth year Gryffindors. Now you guys, ask you're questions one at a time."

I sighed and looked out of the window at the hills rushing past, not exactly ready for the questions coming to me.

Sirius started. "Okay, so why are you transferring here?" I tensed. I was expecting that question, but I didn't know what to say.

"None of you're buisness." I said coldly. I felt guilty after seeing the downcast look on Sirius' face, but he quickly wiped it away. James asked the next question.