Prologue

[Laura's POV]

"Noooo! Don't leave yeeet!" Jessica whined as I was about to get up from the bed. She held my shirt and yanked it back and forth several times.

"Jessica, it's 10 in the morning, and I'm hungry" I replied.

"But... Laura..." she looked at me with puppy eyes. I sighed.

"I have never seen you so clingy before, I swear" I smiled and lied back down on the bed beside her. Her bed was so comfortable, with white sheets with a touch of lightest blue. The sheets rustled as she scooted closer and gave me a cuddle. I cuddled back. She's so warm and cozy. Since her bedroom was so cold due to the air conditioner, I could warm myself up just by feeling her warmth.

"Laura?" she said softly through my hair. I turned my head down just to see Ica's face with all pleading. I smirked as I knew what she wanted. I leaned down a bit, and it reached her lips. She smiled at the kiss.

When it got rough, she stopped. Wondering? Well, we had a deal last time that there should be no hardcore kisses. Just a soft, fluttery, light kiss is enough. She loved that. And with that morning smile on her face, I knew, I really do love her.

We got down the stairs and saw the wonderful Roland family. I waved at them, fixing my hair with my other hand. I sat down beside Jessica at the dining table. Pancakes. I like pancakes. I dug in.

"So, what time's your part-time job again?" Troye asked.

"About 2 o'clock" I replied.

"Oh right, sorry, I keep forgetting" he chuckled and so did I.

I have been in this residence for about a month and a half now. I'm still so happy that I had survive that 4-year long distant relationship with Ica. I grinned as I remembered the memory where she told me she loves me.

"What's with that smile?" Ica asked.

I shook my head a 'no'. I heard Joshua groaned a bit.

"You're just as weird as shorty" he chuckled.

-

I was singing. Singing and singing. My voice sucked. I screeched and almost slipped on the floor when I saw a towel-covered Jessica entering the shower with me. I turned off the shower and covered my have-to-be-censored parts.

"What? I heard you singing so well that I wanted to join" she smiled innocently. I gave her a weird look.

"And you said I was the perverted alien one" I sighed.

"But now, we're in a relationship, so that's fine"

"Do you always do this at Lucas' house?"

She chuckled a bit then she answered, "No, you're the first relationship I had been to be myself with".

I looked at her shocked. And even more shocked as she slowly take off the towel that was around her. I had to do something. What to do, what to do, WHAT TO DO!?

"Wait!!!" I covered my eyes, making her stop unclothing, "Please, let me finish first" I felt myself blush as she's almost revealing when I took a peek.

"Huh?"

"Just uhhh" I sweated with shower droplets "I just don't want you to feel awkward as I am right now". I think that was the wrongest answer I have ever given to someone.

"Just as I thought. You're still that kind-hearted gentlewoman Laura I always knew" she chuckled and winked at me. She cover herself again and left the bathroom. Her perky walk before she closed the door made me miss her already. Ugh, whatever.

-

Today is a special day for me. It's the day where I plan on proposing to the little one. I smiled as I continued driving. I'm just finding a store right now. I have been preparing this for so long, now that Jessica's finished with her studies. I wish it would end well. I wish she would accept my commitment.

I have seen a store. I looked around, finding accessories in every section. Necklaces... Earrings... Rings. There it is. I slid my finger over the glass case, trying to choose what fits best for Ica. I found one. A silver diamond ring. I'm not good with accessories, but whatever it is, I knew it would fit great in Jessica. I bought it, using the money from my Starbucks Job thing.

I'm so excited to ask Jessica out for dinner tonight. She would flip if I kneel down in front of her and tell her how she's so special to me. I just texted her about it.

[Jessica:] Sure! xx See you later, love.

I just love her so much. And I can't stand to lose her.

After that, everything went black. I felt broken shards of glass all over me. Blood dripping while they send me in the Emergency Room. And all the pain I felt was my super stingy head just trying to move it.

-

I was unconscious for an hour now. I fluttered my eyes open. My head still hurts.

"Laura!"

Everything's all gray. All gray. One colorful thing just went to my way. To be honest, I don't know this person. As soon as I know it, a strange blonde girl with crystal blue eyes was standing there beside my bed. She's beautiful. I rambled my head for a moment. Then asked her.

"Who are you?"