Chapter 3 - Freaky Memories

[Laura's POV]

Did I just say that? I mean, I knew that this 'Ica' girl was somewhat in my past and that I seemingly remembered it in like 0.8 seconds. But hell, why would I mention her name even though I completely forgot who she was? 

I was supposed to say 'Jessica', but something about it makes me want to say Ica more than Jessica. Are they different people? Ah, whatever. I shrugged and walked back.

-

Twenty minutes later, I found myself in an ice cream store. I'm so hungry, deal with it. If you're down in the dumps, just go and buy ice cream. I ordered a chocolate one. Just plain, nothing else. I was eating. Then one thing came to my notice. 

Coincidentally, Jessica came in the store. She caught my stare and I quickly averted it.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" she asked, approaching me. I looked up to the point where I can see her face. My face suddenly heated. What was that all about?

"Just wanted to get an ice cream, of course. Why?" I answered honestly. She sat down in front of me while wiggling her thumbs as a mannerism of hers.

"Well, since you did get involved in a death-defying accident, I'm just worried that you might even forgot how to go here," she shrugged "Or even forgot what ice cream is." I laughed at her response. I mean, sure I would have forgot everything else. 

But who would forget this delicious dessert? Let's get serious over here.

"No," I chuckled "I think I'm capable of remembering stuff on my own and the first thing I remembered was ice cream. Thanks for the concern though."

She nodded and stood up from her seat. "I'm just going to buy an ice cream, OK?" she asked. I simply nodded in response and continued with my ice cream. Later on, she came back with a cup of Vanilla. Also plain. She sat down where she was a while ago.

"So how's the visit?" she started. I stared at her for a moment as I think through stuff which I mentioned. 

Should I tell her that I bawled my eyes out? Or that I surprisingly out of thought mentioned 'Ica'? Oh my gosh, should I ask her who Ica is? Then it just leads down to 'no'. This shouldn't be the time to talk about this.

"It went better than I expected," I answered "But I cried for like 15 minutes. Call me a softy." I raised my hands up. She chuckled and went on with her ice cream.

"Laura, it's normal for people to cry over loss. It's called grieving. And I know how much you miss your parents. Trust me, it even hurts me to see you crying softly every night." she explained. My eyes widened when she mentioned me crying.

"I do that!?" I asked.

"Yeah, dummy" she laughed. After we finished the ice cream, it's finally time to go home. I walked at the door with Jessica behind me.

-

It was 3:30 in the afternoon, but seemed like forever to go to our house. We've been walking for ages and it was a silent walk. I groaned.

"What's wrong?" she asked. I jumped lightly at her voice.

"Nothing, it's just..." I trailed off "Never mind."

"Dang it, Laura, just tell me already." she persuaded. I looked at her confused. Since when did she became this concerned? I mean, sure she's my roommate and all, but why does it feel like she knows me more than myself? "If you haven't quite noticed yet, I know you, Laura. More than you could ever imagined. So I know when you're happy, I know when you're bored, I know when you have a problem. So please tell me what's the matter? I'm growing concerned ever since you had the accident."