I'm alive. Physically.

Suzanne Harper said, "Problems can be fixed. But unrequited love is a tragedy."

The room was so quiet, you could hear a pin drop. 

Right away, Riane could feel tears begin to form in her eyes and a lump in her throat the size of Pluto. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out because it hurt too much. The tears in her eyes grew and threatened to spill over so she knew that she had to get out of there. She stood up, the metal legs of the chair scraping against the hard wood flooring. She said nothing and looked at no one as she walked to the door. Everyone looked at her- unsure of what to do, or even say. Seth called her name in confusion.

"Ray? Are you alright?" She stopped right before the door and shook her head. He used her nickname, something that he's been calling her for years, something everyone called her seemed forbidden to him all of a sudden.
"Not feeling well." She clutched the door frame with her hand for a moment. But she didn't stop there, she walked right out the door and into the woods. She walked until she thought she was a safe distance from the house and the super sonic hearing of the wolves and even then she thought it would be safer until she just kept going, so she walked until it hurt. Dazed and confused, she stopped, feeling nauseated.

She stumbled a bit over a branch but didn't fight it and dropped to her knees. She clasped a hand tightly against her mouth and let out an ugly sob. She blinked and a few tears fell but then they kept on falling. Everything hurt. Her head hurt with a headache from crying. Her chest hurt because her heart was aching. But that didn't matter because while she was sitting there, in the middle of the forest crying, the object of her sadness was perfectly content with his life.

After a while it became more energy to sit and cry on her hands and knees and she felt too weak to do anything other than the fetal position. Her phone buzzed in her pocket and she took it out. The brightness stung her eyes before she was able to turn it down. It was a text from Jake. She read it, sighed and replied.

I'm worried. At least let me know you're alive.

I'm alive.

She wanted to walk home but was too exhausted to do so. Even though it would have been easier to just fall asleep right then and there, she picked herself up off the floor and started walking home. She felt weak and sad but at least her feet felt better, her legs were a bit sore but better. As she walked, she couldn't help but wonder what would happen next. She couldn't face them. The only reason she hung out with the pack was because of Seth and they definitely could not be friends after this. She tried to shake her mind of the thoughts but they were just crowding her brain.

As she Walked up the street, she decided just to steer clear of that pack for a while. Just for now until some better arrangements could be made. She needed some time to figure out some stuff and give herself some space and most of all she needed to grieve. It was kind of like he broke her heart, except her heart technically wasn't his to break. The house was empty, and boy was she glad. She went straight to her room but found someone on her bed. Embry?

"What are you doing here?" She asked, standing at her door while he sat on her bed. He pulled a large bottle of vodka out from behind him.

"I thought you could use this." He smiled sheepishly. "Heartbreak sucks." She nodded her head.

"Most people bring ice cream?" She suggested. Embry nodded his head and stood up.

"I know but this is really important so I thought that I would break out the big guns." He said. "And plus- with all the supernatural B.S we have to deal with on the daily. I thought we could take a night to get drunk and be regular teenagers." Riane eyed him warily, not sure if it was a good idea. "Look, getting over someone who doesn't replicate your own feelings are hard, but I'm your friend and so, I'm here to to help. I can be your Seth sponsor or something?" He laughed.

"Sponsor?" Her eyes flashed to the bottle. "Maybe next time."