The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Two

Chapter two

     I was sat on a rock by the beach watching the wave’s rolls in and listening to water crash against the cliffs. I had lost track as to how long I had been out but after my little run in with Luca and everything else that is has gone on, I just wanted to be on my own. I had a blanket wrapped round me which I found in the wardrobe in my as the air had a bit of a chill. It was hard to think that if nothing had happened the other night, my mum be have sat me down and told me everything today. That today I would have been told the truth from her and not a letter. That I could have chosen what I wanted to do with the found information, instead of having the decision made for me. I felt alone. I knew these people were my supposed to be my family but I don’t know them really. How am I supposed to trust them after my mother was cast out so cruelly? I can’t imagine what it must have been like for her. To go through that whole ordeal and have the people you love and trust the most turn their backs on you. I always knew that my mum been kick out of her home but now I know everything I feel so sorry for her. But it made her a stronger person, I never remember ever seeing her sad or upset. She was always strong she was strong for me right up to the end, for that I’ll always be grateful. I just needed to get my head round the whole thing, but where do I start. I wrapped my arms around my knees and rest my head on them. I closed my eyes tightly hoping I would wake up to find this was all a dream.

*******************

(Luca’s POV)

       Walking up the stairs, as I made my way to my brother’s office, I couldn’t stop thinking about this reoccurring dream I’ve been have for the last month or so. I’m running through the woods in wolf form howling with excitement when I come face to face with a white wolf, then that’s it I wake up sweaty and my heart pounding in my chest. I never usually dream so I know this must be important but I haven’t a clue why. Before I knew I was outside Wyatt’s door I opened it and leant against the door way for a moment. I watched as I saw him stood on the balcony fixated with something on the beach below.

     “What do you want Luca? I don’t remember asking you to come up here?” Wyatt said still looking at the beach.

     “Just wondered what your thoughts were on our new arrival.” I said walking towards him curious to see what it was that had caught his attentions.

     “I think she’s where she belongs.” He said still not looking away from her.

I carried on walking until I joined him on the balcony. As soon as I looked in the direction that he was looking I knew what he was looking at. It was Mia. She was sat on a rock with a blanket wrapped around her. Her pale hair moving with the wind, sending her scent floating up to us. As I inhaled it my body tingled, I had never spelt anything like it. It was the same in the kitchen a few hours ago I just had to close to her just so I could take her in. As I looked over at my brother I could see a small smile on his face, it would appear I wasn’t the only one who appreciated her unique scent. For some reason I was little annoyed by this but I knew better then to show it.

     “Well she safe now anyway. I took a couple of the others last night and we did a patrol of the perimeter. Apart from a couple of rogues, which we scared off, there didn’t seem to be anything out of the ordinary. It seems that they haven’t followed her.” I said trying to ignore her scent.

     “They wouldn’t dare follow her here, not if they know what’s good for them. I’ll rip them to shreds if they come anyway near her.”  He said letting out a little growl.

I vaguely remember seeing him like this once before in my life, when Hope was attacked. I was only three at time but I know that she was his mate and that he had never been with anyone since. I remember how furious he was when her father, our alpha at the time, had ordered him to refuse her. It broke his heart but he couldn’t disobey alpha’s orders. It turn cold and harsh, he spent a year in wolf form killing a hunter he came across. When he returned he challenged her father for the alpha position of the pack, he won and became the youngest alpha ever at the age of twenty one. The pack was already strong and known for being decent fighters but when he took over he took it to a new level. He worked us to make us the pack we are today. When our parents died a year later he took me under his wing and raised me. He raised me to be a fighter, training me from the age of seven. I knew one day I would become the alpha of the pack. I could probably take him on now but I have too much respect for him. I’ve spent my whole life working my way up to beta but I’m not finished yet. I’ve trained for years to make myself better than the rest, leaving me no time for anything else. Most males my age would have been paired by now but not me. I know I could have my pick of the females but I’m yet to find one that can tempt me. That’s the way I like it females are merely distractions, they cause nothing but pain. As the breeze hit us once more her scent made my body tingle, my eyes were drawn to her once more. I felt a hunger inside me that I had never felt before; I wanted to be close to her. I wanted to touch her. I needed to snap myself out of this stupidity.