The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

     It’s been about a week since my little run in with Lucia but luckily I haven’t really seen her much since. To be honest I haven’t really seen much of Luca either. As soon as we reached his room that day and things started to heat up between us, he was called away. Since then we spent all of two minutes together. Apparently since Wyatt left a few weeks ago, rogues have been pushing their luck and crossing the boundaries. I know I shouldn’t complain, he’s fulfilling his duties but I miss him. He had asked Faith and Tyler to keep me company, which really meant keep an eye on me. So far it has pretty much just been Tyler and me, Faith has been too busy with Antonio. Don’t get me wrong, I’m over the moon for her but every now and then I get a little jealous. They get to spend so much time together, they’ve only been together a week but she is already marked. It’s only a matter of time before they are fully mated. Luca and I on the other hand just can’t seem to catch a break, every time we get close to doing anything he’s called away. Part of me every now and then wonders if I’m really ready yet, yet another part of me can’t think about anything else. I want to be his completely, when we are together there is a fire between us and it’s getting out of control. My body aches for him; the wolf inside me needs him. It’s weird the longer I’m here the stronger I can sense my inner wolf, I may not have shifted yet but I can feel her and she dying to get out. Without Luca around I’m feeling more and more restless. I’ve spent most of my days either in the gym, on the treadmill or out running with Tyler. Even though I knew Luca wouldn’t really want me out in the wood right now, I managed to convince Tyler to take me. When I’m running it’s the only time I feel at ease and free. Every morning for the past four days Tyler and I had been out running and this morning was no exception. We had decided that today we were going to have a little race. Tyler agreed quickly, I’m guessing he thought it would be an easy win. What I haven’t told him is that during our last few runs I’ve felt myself getting faster and faster. I can feel myself getting stronger and all my senses are heightened. I am picking up on other peoples scents and my hearing, I feel like I can hear everything. It’s so amazing, I can’t describe it. It’s like looking at the world with new eyes; everything seems brighter and more vibrant. Nobody knows yet but I quite like it that way, of course I’d love to share it with Luca but he’s not been around to tell. I closed my eyes briefly as I sprinted through the trees, enjoying the feeling of the wind on my face. As I opened my eyes again I could see Tyler sprinting ahead of me, he was about twenty metre in front. As I watched him I could hear him chuckling to himself, thinking he had this race won. A small mischievous smile spread across my face as I started to sprint a little faster, I had been holding back for last twenty minutes but not anymore. As I caught up with Tyler I started to laugh, he looked over shoulder shocked to find me so close. Within moments I was overtaking him and smiling from ear to ear. As I continued to run, I felt a sudden urge to run even faster. As I started to push myself even further I couldn’t help but laugh, I was so amazed by how fast I was going. It was unbelievable.

     “Come on slow coach!” I shouted over my shoulder to Tyler who was now trailing behind.

After a few more moment I had reached the river that crossed through the boundary. I slowly came to a stop and panted slightly. As I sat myself down a tree stump I saw Tyler emerge from the trees, with a surprised look on his face.

     “Where the hell did that come from?” he asked sitting on ground in front of me.

     “I have no idea what you’re on about?” I replied trying not to laugh.

      “Bull!” he shouted smirking at me. “I knew you were fast but god girl what happened?” he asked.

     “I don’t know I guess my inner wolf is getting stronger.” I replied as I crossed my legs and held my ankles.