6.sugar

"The day has arrived!" Luke squealed from the passenger's seat of his friend, Calum's, car. Calum rolled his eyes. "It's like you're in an episode of Catfish." He shook his head. "I'll be damned if he ends up being some 70 year old broad."

"You see, Calum, I am very optimistic. Me and my fellow gay people are, too." Luke sighed. "Straight people like you just like to kill people's dreams."

Calum laughed. "You mean us 'straight people' with knowledge and common sense? Yeah. I'm totally missing out on a 'fun time.'" Calum said while doing air quotations.

"See you in hell." He smiled at Luke as he dropped him off at the Starbucks he worked at. Luke flipped him off and slammed the door. I swear to God, one of these days I'm going to slam his head into a....

Luke ran into someone coming out of the Starbucks and accidently spilled their coffee. He immediately went down to clean it up, and quickly apologized. "I am so sorry! I didn't see where I was going- I-I'm sorry." He stuttered, looked up, and suddenly became flustered.

"Don't worry about it, Luke." The person chuckled. He helped the embarrassed boy clean up the coffee mess. They made eye contact, and Luke blushed.

"S-Sorry," Luke gulped. "Sorry, Michael." He stood up, Michael following, and looked down.

Michael just smiled at the boy. "How long are you gonna stay at Starbucks?" He asked.

"Well, I work here..." Luke grinned slightly, "And I'm sort of meeting someone here."

Michael's expression saddened a little. "Oh, okay." He managed to pull off a sincere smile. "Well, I'd better be heading out. Text me sometime." He said with a wink, and started walking away. Luke smiled a little and something in chest started hurting. He frowned and walked in to the building. As he got to the back to start working at his lovely job, the entrance bell rang. Luke hurried to the cash register and started programming it. "Hi, what can I get you?"

Another few hours of that, again.

At the end of his shift, he took off his apron and headed towards the café near Starbucks. It was where Ashton was supposed to meet him. He ordered a drink for himself, and waited.

Minutes flew by as Luke started playing on his phone. Everytime the door opened, he would glance at it, feeling happy, and be disappointed once he noticed it wasn't Ashton.

A half hour passed before Luke decided it wasn't worth it anymore. He sighed and payed for the bill. He crossed his arms on the table and rested his head atop. He started crying quietly, feeling regret and ashamed for thinking Ashton would come.

The door opened once more, and Luke didn't even bother to look up. He heard footsteps coming towards his way. A person sat in the seat in front of him.

"Luke?"