Chapter 12

Maddy's POV:

It was an uneventful day, to say the least. Zuko and I got back on our training and I was working on controlling and aiming again. It was getting so boring just doing the same things over and over again. Zuko had to tell me again and again that he didn't want me getting hurt and that I wasn't ready to move on to a more advanced course, but screw that! I complied for today, but only today. Tomorrow I will show him just how 'weak' and 'not ready' I am.

Later that day, Iroh kept bothering Zuko to join him and the crew for music night.

"Come join us Prince Zuko. It will be fun and will lift your spirits."

"I don't want to."

"You can play the sumki horn." Iroh tried again.

"I said I don't want to!" He shouted.

"Maddy will be joining us." Iroh coaxed. What was that going to help? Wait a minute...

"I'll be doing what?" I asked. "I was not aware of my schedule tonight."

"She can't play any of the instruments." Zuko continued as if I wasn't there, but he was still helping my bed case of not wanting to go.

"She will be singing for us tonight." He smiled.

"She will not!" I shrieked. "I ain't gonna sing for you let alone the entire ship!"

"I won't go if she doesn't," Zuko stated and they both looked at me expectantly.

"Sorry Iroh, I refuse to ever sing in front of anyone. Your really bad ears are the only ones that have heard me and I'm pretty sure I broke them for a while."

"Well, I've heard you sing." Zuko rubbed the back of his neck.

"What?! I've never sung in front of you! Never ever and trust me when I add another ever!"

"You weren't exactly yourself. It was when you were sick and-"

"And you listened!"

"Well ya. Something about teenagers and then a black parade or something."

"I sang the Black parade in front of you. That's just bloody fantastic! Now I'm mortified as hell and.. and you heard my voice which is bloody awful and..." I quickly turned British. when I was younger, I watched BBC America as if it were the only channel on tv. Whenever I was embarrassed or really excited an accent would appear just to embarrass me further. "Then you want me to sing in front of people? Humans?! You can't possibly be serious."

"Why are you talking like that?" Zuko asked, a bit concerned.

"Its a habit!" I shouted. He took a step back. "Shit. I'm sorry. I was rambling and it was stupid of me to yell at you. Just never bring it up again, okay?"

"Okay, when will your voice be back to normal?"

"Give it an hour." I shrugged. We then walked back to his room to hang out. I laid on the bed with my head hanging off the side and my feet on the wall while he was on the floor looking up at me as we talked. It was all random stuff really, no specific topic. It was almost like I was back home, no war, no Avatar, nothing, and he was with me. Iroh came by every now and again to see if we had changed our minds, but we never did. I saw him open the door again, but something was different.

"For the last time, I'm not playing the sumki horn." Zuko sat up to see his uncle.

"No, it's about our plans. There's a bit of a problem." Iroh sounded sad. Then Zhao walked in and I remembered.

"I'm taking your crew." The evil Commander smiled.

"What!?" Zuko and I asked together.

"I've recruited them for a little expedition to the North Pole."