Chapter Two

"Infinite in mystery is the gift of the goddess
We seek it thus, and take it to the sky
Ripples form on the water's surface
The wandering soul knows no rest."
-Loveless, Act 1

Chapter Two

Ruki sighed, staring out at the border gate. He had been constantly thinking about Reita. Eventually it came to the point where Reita was the only thing he thought about. Ruki sighed again and walked back into his room, closing the balcony doors. He sat on his bed and looked around his room. The walls painted sky blue, the black bookshelves that held many books. Ruki laid on his bed, grabbing the book from his bedside table and opening it. He read a few of the poems in the books before closing it.
Ruki sat up quickly as his door slammed open, his father entered the room and immediately began pacing. "Ruki. I know you don't like being included in my work but, I need you to spy on hell for me. I can't do it, for obvious reasons. You're the only one that even knows about my work so it's up to you." Ruki stared at his smiling father.

"But...father please, I cant."

"Don't be a spoiled brat. Just do this mission. It's not like I can send my darling daughter out there. She's still just a child!"

Ruki sighed, he knew he couldn't let his baby sister do anything dangerous. Of course, she wasn't even old enough to know of war. Ruki sighed and slowly nodded his head. "Alright father, I'll do your mission." Ruki mumbled and followed his father out of the room. He closed the door and headed downstairs.
As Ruki headed for the border gates he noticed Reita was there. The demon was sitting on Heaven's ground, back against the gate. "Reita, you're on the wrong side of the gate." Ruki bit his lip, knowing he too would soon be on the wrong side of the gate.
"Whatever, it's not like I care. Get caught by the guards." Ruki scoffed and sprouted his wings, flying over the fence and landing on the ground. He morphed his wings back into his back and began walking towards the land of hell.
Ruki looked at his surroundings, many rundown houses were to his right. He headed towards a large rock pile on his left so he could hide better from demons that were on the main path. As he headed deeper into the strange land he noticed many houses. Some had demons outside in front, others seemed vacant. As he looked around he wondered which house Reita lived in.
Eventually Ruki got to the palace. He looked at the many demons standing at the gates. They all had long spears with large points at the end. "Guards." Ruki mumbled and headed around the palace to the back door. "Great, no back door." Ruki sighed.
Ruki stiffened as he felt arms wrap around his waist, a chin planted itself in the crook of his neck. "So honey, why are you here?" The voice purred and a tongue licked at Ruki's ear. "Reita, no. Stop it!" Ruki pushed the demon away. He turned to face him, glaring at the demon. "Are you just trying to get my attention, baby?" Reita smirked and crossed his arms over his chest. "Or, are you here to spy?"
"No. I...I just." Ruki bit his lip, Reita smirked and grabbed the angel's wrist pulling him closer. Before he could kiss him Ruki pushed away. "I can't be intimate with you. I can't even be friends with you! My wings will wilt!" Ruki shouted not even noticing his tears were falling. Besides, he hardly ever cried. Angels seldom cried, which is what surprised the demon.
"Ruki...why are you crying?" Reita stepped closer to the angel, caressing the left side of Ruki's face. "You're stuck in my mind and I can't stand it. I don't want to become a fallen." Ruki bit his lip to suppress the sob as the demon cuffed both his cheeks. Reita held Ruki's face gently, forcing the angel to look at him. "Ruki, you're already fallen. You're falling for me. I'm stealing your heart. I'm wilting your wings. I'm devouring everything that makes you pure." Reita said and leaned in, pressing his lips to the plush lips of the crying angel.
Ruki pushed away, sprouting his wings and flying away from the demon. He headed back towards the border gates, trying desperately to wipe his tears away but failing miserably. "I can't do this anymore. Why did I have to meet him." Ruki mumbled as he landed back on his side of the gate. He wiped at his face, trying to dry the tears.
Ruki started walking towards his home. Many angels turned as he rushed by them, some wondering what was wrong while others just marveled at the wings. "Ruki, are you alright?" A voice called out as someone grabbed Ruki's wrist. "Ruki?" The voice sounded worried as Ruki turned to face the other boy. "Kai...everything's fine." Ruki faked a smile. He wiped the tears away. "Ruki, don't lie. It's forbidden for angels to lie." Kai scolded and Ruki sighed. "Really, it's nothing. I'm not even sure why I'm upset." Ruki gave another fake smile and Kai sighed.
"Goodbye Kai." Ruki yanked his wrists from the boys grasp and headed for his house, entering and closing the door quickly. "Ruki, how did it go?" Ruki looked up as his father entered the room. "They have many homes. Well built and many run down. I couldn't find a way to spy, many guards were covering the front entrance and there was no back entrance." Ruki faked a smile and headed for his room.
"I'm surprised you didn't get caught." His father mumbled and Ruki stopped walking. He turned around and stared at his father. "Are you saying you sent me there to be caught?" Ruki nearly shouted. His father slapped him. "Don't raise your voice at me. It's not like I sent you to be caught. I just thought that maybe you would've ended up getting caught. You're never careful!" His father shouted at him. But Ruki knew his father was right. If he had been more careful he wouldn't have gotten mixed in with Reita in the first place.