Chapter 33 Motivated to Win

A few days after Shaun's burial, Jen, captain Julia and her squad and I, spent the few days underground. Making sure Mariana did do anything that can risk all of us. We continue to slice off limbs that are in the process to grow back every hour. Now and then Jen and I would go back to the surface and buy food from some local stores that were open.
"What should we get this time?" I asked Jen.
"Anything that looks good I guess." Joked Jen. I looked over at her face and saw a small smile. Her glasses shined off the light, making it so that I can't see her eyes.
"Why are you always happy?" I said.
"Why are you always not happy?" Asked Jen as she was picking up some fruit.
"I asked first." I said, getting annoyed.
"Just trying to keep a positive attitude around. It's been boring, and really negative." Sighed Jen. We continued to put food into bags and stayed silent for a while.
"You should try it once and a while." Laughed Jen. I rolled my eyes and sighed "Whatever."

We pay for the food, and begin walking back to the entrance to the underground bunker. When we get there Jen and I widen our eyes to see who was down there.
"Commander?" Asked Jen.
"Hey there!" Laughed the commander, as we waved his right hand.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"I want to take you to study your Titan ability. We weren't able to do it because of your friend loosing your memory..." paused the commander. I move my eyes over to Jen and saw her lower her head.
"So I want to do it now." Finished the commander. I walk over to the wall and place down the bag of food. I whip my head to the side and stare at the commander, with a creepy smile.
"When do we start?" I asked. Jen walks over and places down the bag and hits my head. I stand up straight, and rub where Jen hit me.

"What was that for?" I whined.
"Don't make that creepy smile like that, especially in from of the commander. And why did agree so quickly?" Said Jen.
"I'm bored of this place..." I sighed. "And I'm sure Dr. Yeager wouldn't mind." I finished as I looked over to her.
"I don't, as a matter of fact I'm coming." Laughed Yeager.
"Who's going to watch Mariana?" Asked Jen. The tone in her voice slightly a worried sound.
"Did you forget about me?" Asked Julia. "And I'm not going to be alone. Two squads are coming to help out here." Julia added.

Jen sighed, and finally nodded her head.
"But I'm coming too!" She's said, giving me a stern look.
"Duh!" I laughed. She smiled and shook her head.
"I see your giving a positive attitude a chance." Joked Jen.
"Oh, you've noticed?" I said in a very sarcastic way. Jen stuck her tongue out, and I rolled my eyes.
"Ok it's settled then." Chuckled the commander. We begin to head up the stairs, until we hear an unsettling voice.
"Word of advice, do not expect the results to be like Eren Yeager's. The injection that has been created was also altered. Making the Titan to be stronger and have different powers. Like mine, when my eyes turn a glowing dark blue, I wake up powers. You know what I'm talking about, right Lilly?" Mariana paused with a smirk on her face.

I turn my head and stare at her. I can feel my blood begin the boil.
"I have fangs, and poison. If I bite you in Titan form while my eyes are glowing, you will get dizzy. Also bad vision, and eventually, you will be paralyzed." Sighed Mariana.
"What's your point?" I snapped at Mariana.
"To not expect the same thing as Yeager's Titan. You have no idea what your Titan will be able to do. Your parents wanted to make sure you have a very 'powerful' Titan." Chuckled Mariana. I rolled my eyes and turned my face back to the exit.
"Thanks." I quietly said, then I begin walking.

I hear Jen, Jeager, and the commander follow me. I begin walking up the stairs, when Jeager asked "What did she mean 'your parents'?" I sighed and lowered my head.
"My parents where the scientists who remade the injection. They were spies right from the beginning, they wanted me to become one when I was little. I didn't knew better, so I agreed. I lost memory of it, and I grew up normal. It started to change when you started giving the vaccine, and I had odd side effects. My parents were told to fake their deaths. Leading to their blood all over in the outside the walls, and leaving my father's ring and my mother's necklace on branches." I explained, as I picked up my hand with the ring on it. We continue walking for a few seconds, then I said "I guess they planned me to have a stronger Titan then the others." I chuckled and satires at ground.

"You've lost it haven't you?" Joked Jen.
"Well what do expect when your monster test subject, your parents are spies and traitors to the kingdom, your close friend turns out to also be a spy and sick freak like you, your forced to watch someone you like burn along with other dead cadets?!" I snapped. I could tell Jen was shocked, because she was very quiet after I said that. I lower my head, and I can feel tears beginning to build up in the corner of my eyes.

Soon the tears build up, and fall down my cheeks. We begin to approach the opening, and the sun starts to get in my eyes. I wipe my face with my sleeves from the jacket.
"But I don't care about all those things that happened."
"Obviously you do." Said Jen, in a very sad tone.
"Not anymore." I sighed.
"Why not?" Asked Jen as she lifted up her head. I turned to face the three of them, and smiled. I brought my hand close to my mother's necklace, but soon lowered it to my chest. I clenched my fist, and said "Because I'm looking forward to use all those terrible things to my advantage, and take the enemy down!"