23%

all he wanted to do was sleep

he tosses and turns, forcefully closing his heavy eyelids, trying to sleep. this has been a problem the last few nights. there are dark rings around both of his dark brown eyes, similar to Saturn. the thoughts of his wild imagination kept him up, though.

all he wanted to do was rest after a hard day, no harm (?) done. he wanted to see the pitch black darkness, he wanted to feel the dreams , he wanted them to spring to action, to hide the nightmares that came. he wanted the empty silence of the room, so all you could here was his hamster running on its wheel. he wanted to feel the pounding of his head, he wanted to have one leg in and out of his bed sheets.

he wanted to remember what sleeping was like.

now, he lay on his bed, his scary thoughts surrounding his poor head, stars exploding behind his eyes.

for he thought of the boy he was crushing on, but he still couldn't sleep.

he thought of the rose a stranger gave to him today, with a note that read *sleep*.

he thought of the sight of the colorful veins above his eye lids, they reminded him the trouble he had at night.

nobody thought he had a problem, he acted as if he had a good nights sleep, but he sure as hell didn't look like it.

his thoughts soon gave him a headache as he waited for his alarm clock to go off any minute now, because all he did was think.

about anything or anyone that came to his mind, from his step sister to the school nurse.

the shrill of the alarm clock rang, and now, a tear shed out of his eye.

because he'd have to go through this again every night.

+

more like a short story than a poem but I like it so

OMG 1K READS TYSM IM DYING RN TYSM TYSM ILY