Full of Suprises- Ryan Abe

I take a step back, admiring my outfit in the mirror. My boyfriend of 2 years, Ryan had left a note on the door to my dorm room that I found when I got home from my first day of college.
"I"ll pick you up at 7, wear something nice. -Ryan"
He was always full of surprises, which I didn't mind. I've always liked his spontaneous side. So I did as he said, I made my way out of my room and out of the building. I saw his car parked outside, him leaning against it.
"Hey gorgeous." He said, in his deep voice that makes my heart melt.
"Hi babe!" I say, before giving him a quick kiss. He opens the passenger door for me and I slide in. He closes the door behind me and gets into the car. We drive for a while, singing along to some of our favorite songs, like What Makes You Beautiful and Baby. A smile creeps onto my face as we pull into the familiar parking lot.
"Aww Ry! This is where we went on our first date!" I say, smiling like an idiot.
"Well I wanted to go somewhere special for tonight." He says, standing over me. I grab his hand, interlocking our fingers together. I pull him along, looking back smiling at him. We go inside and get seated, at the back of the restaurant away from everyone else. A waitress comes and takes our drink and food orders. We talk about my first day of college and how my classes went while we wait for the food to arrive. When it does, we eat in almost silence, talking every now and then. Ryan stops eating all of a sudden and puts his fork down, he stares across the table at me and I give him a confused look.
"Is everything okay?" I ask, reaching across and grabbing his hand.
"Michelle, we've been dating for 2 years now and I think it's finally time to take that next step in our lives." He begins to say. My heart starts pounding inside my chest.
"Is he doing what I think he's doing?!" I think to myself. He gets down on one knee and pulls out a small black box. I can't help, but smile.
"Michelle will you," He says opening the box. My smile soon fades when I see that it is empty. "get out of my life?" My smile, turns to a frown and tears start streaming down my face. I guess he really is always full of surprises.